The Empire

Post here if you are interested in the balancing of the Tim branded shiplist

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Adjusting the SSD

Post#16 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:44 am

Gee - nice move, hehe, by 'adjusting' for the SSD becoming badder, you want to drop the SSC down to a tech 8 (what difference does that make anyway?) AND convert the moscow into a hyp ship - errrrrrr that's making up for the SSD becoming badder?

Mind you, having said that, I haven't played the Empire so what would I know...

Six_Of_One

Re: Adjusting the SSD

Post#17 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:18 am

Cardno wrote:Gee - nice move, hehe, by 'adjusting' for the SSD becoming badder, you want to drop the SSC down to a tech 8 (what difference does that make anyway?) AND convert the moscow into a hyp ship - errrrrrr that's making up for the SSD becoming badder?

So i can take it you are not in favour of a cloaking firecloud either.
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Cardno

Re: Adjusting the SSD

Post#18 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:51 am

Six_Of_One wrote:
Cardno wrote:Gee - nice move, hehe, by 'adjusting' for the SSD becoming badder, you want to drop the SSC down to a tech 8 (what difference does that make anyway?) AND convert the moscow into a hyp ship - errrrrrr that's making up for the SSD becoming badder?

So i can take it you are not in favour of a cloaking firecloud either.
Only if it has 20 fighter bays and 20 beams...... :wink:

Silvestr Potash

Post#19 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Six_Of_One wrote:I like the Empire, but think the SSD is too cheap and too weak.
After all it can roll up at a Starbase and take it with 10 clans..

I would suggest:
Super Star Destroyer___9__2__8__6__-__458__500__420____80_590__217_142_292

To compensate for this i would drop the SSCruiser down to tech lvl 8 and make the Moscow a HYP torp ship. Its a HYP ship via Jupiter, but i have played with one that was a HYP torp ship thanks to Armin and Spaceport Hamburg.
So, you want turn the SSD into SSCruiser? I think no ship with a special ability must be so heavy, Except for Bird's Dark wing, just becouse its race-specific ship. Also, Empire can choose the target for its SSD more carefully than everybody.
In the Jupiter:I think the Moscow is a Hyp ship for empire just becouse the Empire need the HYP-fighter-transport, and becouse the rebel (primary Evil for Evil Empire) have the Hyp-Sage. (and it have not TRUE hyperjump in the Jupiter)

But, turn Moscow onto something like PL21 , but with 1 fighter bay instead of 1 beam is good idea. The Moscow itself is too strong to be Hyperjump ship. (any planet with 13 defencepost must kill any Hyperjump -ship.)
I think the moscow is PL21 except:
Hull Name__________TL__E__B__F__T_Crew_Mass_Fuel_Cargo_$$$_Tri_Dur_Mol
Moscow_____________1__1__-__1_____1____24__80____65__50___25___6__5
and Hyperjump! ,
but seems turn MIG onto it is more useful.

I have played the Empire successfully and find most of its list is useless. With a normal list i build probes for info, frigates for minefields, carriers with low tech for holding fighters. Then some SSD's but not that many, mainly SSCruisers and Gorbie's .

The SSD is crippled by a small fuel tank and its inability to fight anything thats past puberty. Normally it needs to get towed, and in a no ally/one ally game, unless you get a cloaker its uses are limited.

Anyway, its just my opinion.......
How about use PL21 as a distant refueller?(and colonists to fill SSD). This is very useful in anti-crystall war.(its about SSD fuel tanks,and empire fuell tank at all).Also, The SSD is strong enough to survive against any
intercept attack (i.e at Intercept attack phase), except DarkWing. And SSD is the strongest ship with a special unique ability.So, it is not too weak...

However, make SSCarrier with 240 cargo make it able to gather fighters from the 4 bases, and H-ross will look like half-SSCarrier, And Moscow - like half H-ross,1 engine, but hyperjump :).

Return to “Project 1: Fixing Tim's List”