Teleport Viewer 1.6

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

albatross

Post#16 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:45 am

BitMask wrote:Alb, cool little tool.

I've been working on something similar, yet completely different a few weeks back. It's more an online starmap view. It's something that can be used in the game pages instead of creating a image for each starmap in use, you can upload the map and the tool dynamically create it for you.
Heh.. that's a little more complex that mine.. very nice :).

JonnyDoH, try this less memory version where the star map is reduced from 4kx4k to 2kx2k pixels (it will not display planets with non regular coords though).

Donovan

Post#17 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Bug report: the number of clans transferred is displayed incorrectly. The sending planet has about 68.490 clans, Teleport viewer says only 276 will be transferred. Some fiddling with the numbers in excel show that this is roughly 2% of the number that should actually be displayed.

All other amounts are displayed correctly, as far as I can tell.

Request: is it possible to have the tool open with the last file used already loaded? I always use it for the same game, so it would be great if I didn't have to load the same file each time I start the tool. It should probably be an option, there are probably also folks who don't want this.

albatross

Post#18 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:05 am

Donovan wrote:Bug report: the number of clans transferred is displayed incorrectly. The sending planet has about 68.490 clans, Teleport viewer says only 276 will be transferred. Some fiddling with the numbers in excel show that this is roughly 2% of the number that should actually be displayed.

All other amounts are displayed correctly, as far as I can tell.

Request: is it possible to have the tool open with the last file used already loaded? I always use it for the same game, so it would be great if I didn't have to load the same file each time I start the tool. It should probably be an option, there are probably also folks who don't want this.
Hi,
link above has been updated to 1.2. You can enable/disable the auto-reload option via main menu, and now it is possible to drag the map around when holding down left mouse button.

Donovan

Post#19 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:47 am

Thanks for another update - great stuff! =D>

JonnyDoH

Post#20 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:13 am

The low memory version works like a charm and the 1.2 version works fine too! Thanks so much, Albatross! This is a GREAT tool and has helped in all three games I'm in. If you ever begin taking donations, let me know. I'll donate enough to buy you a beer or something. Much appreciated!
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

High Command

Post#21 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:34 am

Qapla!

I fully agree with the others. Good job, albatross.

If you agree, I will offer the tool at my site for the games I use this addon.

Regards

Matthias, running HC

albatross

Post#22 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Hey thanks to all for the nice words :). There's a final small update where the red marking of bases with no teleport counterpart has been fixed (same link).

Matthias, I'm flattered.. hehe. Hell yes, I agree!

Donovan

Post#23 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Hmm the clans are still displayed wrong.

Sending planet has 88792 clans, the viewer says I'll transfer 46512. That's about 52,38% instead of 20%.

The sending planet also has 148886 native clans. If I add those to the colonist clans, the number reportes as being teleported is roughly 20% (19,56%). Maybe a total coincidence, maybe that's what's wrong.

Kudos by the way for making the viewer displaying transfers to planets with bases that are set to build :thumbup:

albatross

Post#24 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:35 am

Heh.. that's a fast bug search, thanks! Problem should be fixed now: v1.3

albatross

Post#25 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:34 am

New version available:

- Switch on/off the lines
- Switch on/off friendly code display. Selecting feature multiple times shows the fcode of either all bases, or only of the non-teleporting & unresolved
- Handle Starbase+ money transfer
- Lines look sharper (drawback: more memory usage)
- Mouse panning and saving of last display coordinates now works as supposed
- Control via hotkeys

Download v1.4

Havok
Site Admin

Post#26 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:09 am

albatross wrote:New version available:

- Switch on/off the lines
- Switch on/off friendly code display. Selecting feature multiple times shows the fcode of either all bases, or only of the non-teleporting & unresolved
- Handle Starbase+ money transfer
- Lines look sharper (drawback: more memory usage)
- Mouse panning and saving of last display coordinates now works as supposed
- Control via hotkeys

Download v1.4
Very cool!
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#27 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:32 am

I'm going to have to get onboard with this - I love the teleport addon and where possible, try to play most of my games with it. Good Job Albatross!

Donovan

Post#28 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:31 pm

This tool gets better each time, and it already kicked major ass....

One bug though: version 1.4 does not include transfers to or from bases under construction. Up to version 1.3 did include these.

albatross

Post#29 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks, Donovan.. fixed again. The interest in this is good motivation to make it better :).

A few new features as well:

- All colors can now be freely configured
- Clicking on the lists centers display at the appropriate base
- Display of base IDs (on/off)

Note that the controls still work while the color selection window is open.

Version 1.5

albatross

Post#30 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi, a final (unless bugs show up) improved version.

- Base listing is improved by a sorting function via right mouse button: Click the ID column to sort by ID, or click the other one to sort by resource.
- A few more colorize options
- Configure the Starbase+ sending limit for credits
- Small help file

Version 1.6

Return to “Technology & Games”