New Game

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

New Game

Post#1 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am

With T-Time about to finish up most likely, I would be keen to see another, or perhaps a repeat of the Carrier Game featuring the Borg, Colonial, Empire, Rebels and Robots. Forget now what it was called. Was played on the 'Spoke Map'.

Be interested in a game of either one, particularly if Strictly No Allies, No mods except Teleport, winning condition ITA score.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#2 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:32 am

How about one with only torpedo races? I'm working on one of those.

Cardno

Post#3 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:35 am

BitMask wrote:How about one with only torpedo races? I'm working on one of those.
Thanks - but already playing in two games with torp races, so keen to get back to a carrier race for my next game.

How about just putting that torp race on the back burner and going with the big ones?! :wink:

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:58 am

11x Rebels against each other. How is that? :twisted:

Cardno

Post#5 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:03 am

BitMask wrote:11x Rebels against each other. How is that? :twisted:
I would be up for it - EXCEPT I take it we would be talking a PHost game right?

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#6 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:07 am

I only create PHost games. But we can make it with the same rules as THost (Like the Brass Tacks series)

If you are not up for PHost, you'll have to beg ][avok for a game.

PS. PHost is anyway more fun!

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#7 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:19 am

If you want to see the differences with PHost, find it here.
http://www.phost.de/phost4doc/first.html
The basics are all the same.

Cardno

Post#8 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:31 am

I hate learning new configs etc, but a game involving 5 rebel players with the monkey cluster map could be real interesting.....

Shardin5

Re: New Game

Post#9 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Cardno wrote:With T-Time about to finish up most likely, I would be keen to see another, or perhaps a repeat of the Carrier Game featuring the Borg, Colonial, Empire, Rebels and Robots. Forget now what it was called. Was played on the 'Spoke Map'.

Be interested in a game of either one, particularly if Strictly No Allies, No mods except Teleport, winning condition ITA score.
Torpedo Ally and Ace of Aces games are really cool. I would like to see a Map change though. The Spoke style map, worked this time in Torpedo Ally, but in the 1st Torpedo Alley, it let two players run and hide and exchange killing off each others Merlin's vs fighting, others. I would like to see a map like the Sunflower vs wheels and spokes, with both a tonnage and holding Keep planets in the center of the map as keys to victory.

Current Torpedo Ally all the fighting is mainly happing on the outer rings, and the middle is wide open, not enough ships and time to capture them all but they are almost all uncolonized, as only the Klingon has ventured to the middle. Tholian came to the middle got spankend and quit, and the Pirate had the same issue. It would make for much more fun, more battles in a NO allies, game were everybody was rushing to the middle vs going around the outside edges.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cardno

Winning Conditions

Post#10 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:40 pm

I agree that tonnage by itself - is open to manipulation.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#11 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:31 pm

New game setup Rebel go Round is open for players.

Return to “Game Suggestions”