Winplan under Windows 7

This forum is for discussion of the 32bit version of Winplan.
http://vgap.innernet.co.za/winplan/

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Winplan under Windows 7

Post#1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:40 pm

I'm running into trouble with my virtual machine solution.

I know there was a thread on this somewhere but i can't find it. Does anyone have a line on the Winplan client that was being tested for Windows 7? I'm going to have to install it fast or stall my games....

Thanks

Gil
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#2 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Yeah - definitely need this. I finally got JVC working and first thoughts are - don't like it at all.

make that - really hate it.

edit - yeah - if I have to play on JVC on this machine, could end my planets career. there has to be a way to get winplan up and running again....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Hawkeye

Post#3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:34 am

Why not just run Windows 7 32-bit version? Do you really need the 64 bit version after all? I'm running Win 7 Home and it works well for just about everything I want to run.

Gilgamesh

Post#4 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:38 am

Sounds great. This version came installed with my laptop. Can I change that on the fly?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:23 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Sounds great. This version came installed with my laptop. Can I change that on the fly?
No, you can't. You have to completely re-install.

Just seeing your email Jim. Let me see what I can do for you.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#6 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks ][avok. I just got my Halo turn and can't do anything about it! :aargh:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:52 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Thanks ][avok. I just got my Halo turn and can't do anything about it! :aargh:
check your forum mail.
Regards,
][avok

wasp

Post#8 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:14 pm

what about PCC?
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

Cannibal

Post#9 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:23 pm

The best solution for running Winplan on Windows 7 is to make a virtual 16/32 bit os with VMware Player. The earlier version of Windows 7 supported 16 bit programs like Winplan, but the newer ones (like I have) dont. I know JVC works with Windows 7, but I still have to have Winplan on the Virt XP to use it. A bit of a pain in the ass. Your best bet is just to put all your VGAP stuff on the Virtual OS, be like having a computer that you only use for VGAP.

c

Gilgamesh

Post#10 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:30 pm

wasp wrote:what about PCC?
Tried it. Not compatable
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Bossman

Post#11 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:04 pm

wasp wrote:what about PCC?
PCC works on windows 7 64bit when used with Dosbox. Relatively straight forward and easy to use/setup. PCC 2 works for me on 64 but occassionally crashes. For me the lack of tooltips and documentation with PCC 2 has been a hinderance since I'm just recently getting back into the game.

PCC is great but I still wish I could use winplan. It's been awhile but if memory serves winplan had nice ship graphics. The default pcc graphics leave me wishing I knew how to replace them.. But that's another topic entirely.

JonnyDoH

Post#12 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:07 pm

I've been looking for an answer on this too. So far I've come up with this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 74c0b1f1d/

Haven't had time to check it out though; I'm on vacation and my PC is home and still in a coma. =P
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#13 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:16 pm

You know some of you WinPlan users should look into the WinPlan 32bit beta that's going on.

There's a thread over on RC World about it. The author wrote me several months ago looking for some testers here, I responded and never heard back from him. Might be worth looking into.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#14 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:35 pm

I went there and tried to join the message board to comment in the thread. The board message said they weren't taking people on the message board right now....

The fates are perspiring against me.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#15 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:I went there and tried to join the message board to comment in the thread. The board message said they weren't taking people on the message board right now....

The fates are perspiring against me.
I wrote him this morning and said some people were coming his way. Lets see if he replies.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Project 6: Winplan 32bit”