Your epic race battle

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: Which race would be the best to play in an epic battle of the same races?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:21 am

Federation
1
7%
Lizard
1
7%
Birds
0
No votes
Klingons
8
53%
Pirates
1
7%
Borg
4
27%
Crystals
0
No votes
Evil Empire
0
No votes
Robots
0
No votes
Rebels
0
No votes
Colonies of Man
0
No votes
Total votes: 15

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#31 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Klauser wrote:Started work on the Klingon Civil War WPVCR.DLL file today (for Winplan Combats). Since I will be using the same shiplist for both THost and PHost versions of the scenario, this file will work for both hosting options.

Speaking of which, right now I am leaning towards doing a single update release that will have both THost and PHost versions of the scenario. The provisional name will be KCivWar 2.1.

Getting back to the point of this thread - I do have a question. How many players out there are interested in playing in a PHost version of KCivWar? The reason I ask is that a THost version could be ready to play in very short order. If there's enough interest in a PHost version, it will take some time to get it ready for play.
I finished the Klingon Civil War (KCivWar) WPVCR.DLL file last night. That means if there's enough interest in a Klingon THost slug-fest, all the pieces are in place.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#32 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Nice work Klauser thanks, =D>

I guess it is up to Havok / BitMask now. [-o<
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#33 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Wish I could....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
excaliburca
Posts: 17

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#34 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm in with a THost version if one is started.

tlhIngan maH! Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#35 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:59 am

Gil, why don't you jump in? The first 15 turns will take about 4 - 5 weeks and each turn at the start of the game of course doesn't take so long. Maybe by then RL will be returning to normal?

Although I won't be playing in this game - can't imagine it proceeding without you....

User avatar
Cannibal
Posts: 73

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#36 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:48 am

@Klauser
Cool man, Look forward to seeing how it turned out. Might even break my 2 game max and play. It doesnt look like there is going to be a lack of intrest from the poll results and last few posts.


@Gilgamesh
Cardno wrote:Gil, why don't you jump in? The first 15 turns will take about 4 - 5 weeks and each turn at the start of the game of course doesn't take so long. Maybe by then RL will be returning to normal?

Although I won't be playing in this game - can't imagine it proceeding without you....
Hes absolutely right. Where is your Klingon PRIDE man?!?! Honor DEMANDS it!

c

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#37 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 am

THost: While the scenario files are complete, I still have to pack them up for a final delivery. And Bitmask/][avok have to set up their end. And the inevitable beating the bushes to fill out all 11 race slots. I could see it going at least a several weeks before starting. I know Gil has been wanting to play this game for a while, so I've got no problems standing by until he's ready.

PHost: I hope to work on the PHost version of KCivWar over the next several weeks - a lot of it depends on how well PHost handles the "pre-hosted" game directory I found on backup CD from 2005. I haven't tested it yet so it's hard to predict how well it'll turn out. I really, REALLY do not want to start this monster over from scratch - IIRC, it took weeks to get it right in the scenario editor.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#38 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:19 am

Held till after about Jan.5,2012 and I'll seriously consider it.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#39 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:28 pm

B A N E wrote:Held till after about Jan.5,2012 and I'll seriously consider it.
Hopefully that might be the case with me too.

Obviously - I would love to play this scenario!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#40 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Might I suggest we create this game at least and get it ready to go either after Christmas or start it now nice and slowly as there are only 4 week until Christmas and I am sure most games will go on hold for at least two weeks at the end of December.

I have one game going to finish in a couple of turns and the other game is already more than half way through and I do not want to get the "shakes" when I do not get my planets "fix" :shock:
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#41 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:38 am

Gavan wrote:Might I suggest we create this game at least and get it ready to go either after Christmas or start it now nice and slowly as there are only 4 week until Christmas and I am sure most games will go on hold for at least two weeks at the end of December.

I have one game going to finish in a couple of turns and the other game is already more than half way through and I do not want to get the "shakes" when I do not get my planets "fix" :shock:
There is a Klingon slot waiting just for you in the Federation War game =P~
That game will start shortly

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#42 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:02 am

:dh:

I think you should put that game out of it is misery BitMask.
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#43 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:01 am

:bruce: You are to late. That game is filled up and ready to start :dog: :fighting18:

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#44 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:33 pm

Klauser wrote:THost: While the scenario files are complete, I still have to pack them up for a final delivery. And Bitmask/][avok have to set up their end. And the inevitable beating the bushes to fill out all 11 race slots. I could see it going at least a several weeks before starting. I know Gil has been wanting to play this game for a while, so I've got no problems standing by until he's ready.

PHost: .
So what are we waiting for? Let's get this THOST puppy launched!!!!! :twisted:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: Your epic race battle

Post#45 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Am I hearing that someone wants to have a Klingon Christmas?
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron