PHOST Q&A Forum

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Re: PHOST Q&A Forum

Post#61 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:12 pm

I long for the good o'l days - when circles were ENOUGH. New fangled hull shapes (mutter mutter mutter)....

Klauser

Post#62 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:25 am

That newer version of FLAK looks like it will work fine instead of Killing Floor!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

albatross

Post#63 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:45 pm

The extended training mission, does it happen before or after supplies production?

FireAge

Post#64 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:02 am

http://phost.de/phost4doc/pcontrol.html

First is training, at position 13 in the Phost list.
Planetary Production is at spot 53.
Experience is being done at spot 62.

So you train before production, but get the experience after.
At least that's the way I would expect it to go.

albatross

Post#65 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Hawkeye

Post#66 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:15 pm

streu wrote:Otherwise, create a file "C:\Program Files\PCC2\resource\cc-res.cfg", and place a line "wpvcr:d:\path\to\your\wpvcr.dll" in it (replace "C:\Program Files\PCC2" and "d:\path\to\your" as needed, of course).

If like me you've done the above but are still getting the solid circles fighting the open circles, here's the fix:

Wherever you put your playvcr.exe file (for me I put it in the c:\PLAN3 folder), create a subfolder to this location called "resource" (without the quotes), put your cc-res.cfg file in this folder and edit the file as above to give it the path to your wpvcr.dll file. :wink:

streu

Post#67 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:35 am

Hawkeye wrote:
streu wrote:Otherwise, create a file "C:\Program Files\PCC2\resource\cc-res.cfg", and place a line "wpvcr:d:\path\to\your\wpvcr.dll" in it (replace "C:\Program Files\PCC2" and "d:\path\to\your" as needed, of course).
If like me you've done the above but are still getting the solid circles fighting the open circles, here's the fix:

Wherever you put your playvcr.exe file (for me I put it in the c:\PLAN3 folder), create a subfolder to this location called "resource" (without the quotes), put your cc-res.cfg file in this folder and edit the file as above to give it the path to your wpvcr.dll file. :wink:
If you installed playvcr.exe in "C:\PLAN3" instead of "C:\Program Files\PCC2", you will of course use "C:\PLAN3" instead of "C:\Program Files\PCC2" in the path name.

You shouldn't have to create the "resource" folder, it should already be there. At least, I would be pretty surprised if PlayVCR worked without it, because it also contains fonts and other things which it needs to start.

--Stefan

albatross

Post#68 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:36 am

In games using pwrap, when I try to intercept a ship on the 'other' side, will I end up with a waypoint
across the map or does phost consider that?

streu

Post#69 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:03 am

albatross wrote:In games using pwrap, when I try to intercept a ship on the 'other' side, will I end up with a waypoint
across the map or does phost consider that?
In games that use PHost's internal wrap feature (AllowWraparoundMap=Yes), PHost will consider that moving across a map seam may be shorter than moving directly.

If you use the external pwrap program, PHost will NOT consider that because it doesn't know about it (and that's why PHost has wrapping built in, and using pwrap with PHost is not recommended).

--Stefan

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#70 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:38 am

For PHost games we use the internal wrap option, which is the best one to use

albatross

Post#71 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Thanks guys! Not that I feel like knowing all about Host, but with Phost it's even worse.

albatross

Post#72 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:07 am

Question.. again :oops:

Say I have an activity level >20 and PBP queue is being used. Does that mean I can build and clone in the same turn?

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#73 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:14 am

Your clone is also part of a priority build (it cost more PBP) so only one will be build

http://phost.de/phost4doc/buildq.html#pbp has the detail for the cloning PBP as well.

streu

Post#74 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:35 pm

albatross wrote:Say I have an activity level >20 and PBP queue is being used. Does that mean I can build and clone in the same turn?
In PHost, you cannot build two ships at one base during one turn, ever.

Also, unlike in HOST, clone orders walk the build queue like all other build orders. That is, you CAN do a priority clone. It costs double PBPs by default (PBPCloneCostRate).

--Stefan

albatross

Post#75 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:37 am

Thanks for your patience guys.. another one :peek: :

Code: Select all

Note that the PBn friendly codes are considered special by PHost and will, therefore, never match for the purposes of combat, beam-gather, etc. 
Being considered special, will ships matching base PBn codes also resist a Force Surrender?

Return to “Intel”