Race Builder Competition

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

BitMask
Site Admin

Re: Race Builder Competition

Post#31 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:03 am

Thanks for the feedback Shardin, but you must remember that this scenario to the old VGAP like that. Think new. Think fresh.

I don't think you should create a Crystal race just like the original. The idea is to create a new race with using the features of the Race Type features for the Crystal slot.

The reason why some features are linked to to a race and some not, has to do with if the feature is a race feature or a mission. For instance Lizard damage and Fed bonus are race features while Rob, Building Fighters are missions. We have to use the limitations that are in the game unfortunately.

Cardno

Post#32 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:13 am

BitMask wrote:Thanks for the feedback Shardin, but you must remember that this scenario to the old VGAP like that. Think new. Think fresh.

I don't think you should create a Crystal race just like the original. The idea is to create a new race with using the features of the Race Type features for the Crystal slot.

The reason why some features are linked to to a race and some not, has to do with if the feature is a race feature or a mission. For instance Lizard damage and Fed bonus are race features while Rob, Building Fighters are missions. We have to use the limitations that are in the game unfortunately.
Don't for one follow your logic - xtal mines are a race feature - just like lizard damage is a race feature. The reality is that combined with some other features, webmines are a hell of a problem - hence why they have been disabled. Fundamentally the xtals are dead for the purpose of this Scenario. I think that's what youa re trying to say bitmask?

Kassengestell

Post#33 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:58 am

just in this moment i got the idea for a second throw.

seems after submit i get an error-message:

Column 'mineSweepRate' cannot be null

?? any ideas ??
join the mobile infantry

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#34 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:10 am

Cardno wrote: Don't for one follow your logic - xtal mines are a race feature - just like lizard damage is a race feature. The reality is that combined with some other features, webmines are a hell of a problem - hence why they have been disabled. Fundamentally the xtals are dead for the purpose of this Scenario. I think that's what youa re trying to say bitmask?
Yes. Both the Crystals and the Pirates are non existing in this scenario.

When I talk about race features I mean it is a feature linked to the race slot. If I assign you race 2, then you get the 150% damage and there is no way for me to disable that. The original VGAP races are a combination of Race Feature(slot), Mission, Economy, Exploit options.
You are building a new race using each of these building blocks.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#35 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:16 am

Kassengestell wrote:just in this moment i got the idea for a second throw.

seems after submit i get an error-message:

Column 'mineSweepRate' cannot be null

?? any ideas ??
Please PM me your setting for Mine Sweep that you use so that I can check it.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#36 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:05 am

Fixed. You can resubmit and the error will be gone. Sorry about that.

Kassengestell

Post#37 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 am

submitted !

THX !
join the mobile infantry

Shardin5

Post#38 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:29 pm

BitMask wrote:Thanks for the feedback Shardin, but you must remember that this scenario to the old VGAP like that. Think new. Think fresh.

When you posted that you were looking for a Tholian based entry, I thought I would point out how hard it was to do a Tholian based entry.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#39 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Shardin5 wrote: When you posted that you were looking for a Tholian based entry, I thought I would point out how hard it was to do a Tholian based entry.
:)

Return to “Game Suggestions”