Checksum corrector?

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Donovan

Checksum corrector?

Post#1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:49 am

Hi folks,

I was wondering if someone could write a (simple, small) DOS executable that corrects Winplan's checksums. I know it can be done through Tanascius' tool and via PCC, but I'm looking for a simple program that I can run from a batch file.

Here's the thing: I use Shipsoul to rename my ships so I can use the shipnames as notes to myself. Has worked like a charm for years, but somehow in a virtual machine it messes up the checksums. Even though Shipsoul claims to correct bad checksums, go figure. I used to run shipsoul from the preturn.bat batchfile, i.e. automatically right before maketurn.

I'm hoping there's an easy way for someone to take the checksum-correction routine from some existing program and compile it into a simple dos program.

Pretty please? [-o<

streu

Re: Checksum corrector?

Post#2 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:27 am

Donovan wrote:I was wondering if someone could write a (simple, small) DOS executable that corrects Winplan's checksums. I know it can be done through Tanascius' tool and via PCC, but I'm looking for a simple program that I can run from a batch file.
PCC doesn't satisfy the request for a simple program, but it can be run from a batch file ("cc /r") -- which is precisely the reason why I didn't write a standalone program for this task yet.

--Stefan

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#3 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:38 am

If you like Tanascius tool, then I can help.

This is a command line version of the checksum fix option in the Tanscius tool.
http://vgap.innernet.co.za/BMChksum.zip

Donovan

Post#4 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:53 am

Thank you both!

Unfortunately, no success so far. I got PCC to run from the bachtfile but it didn't prevent the checksum error. Bitmask's zipfile would not download. :cry:

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#5 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:53 am

Sorry. The case in the filename was incorrect. The link is working now.

Donovan

Post#6 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:15 am

Thanks a bundle, it works like a charm! =D> :cylonclap: :nlmda: :thumbup: :notworthy: :cake: :rockon: :woot:

Okay enough with the smilies now....

:allhail:

Return to “Technology & Games”