Minecraft

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Minecraft

Post#1 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Anyone out there play Minecraft?
Regards,
][avok

FLETCH

Re: Minecraft

Post#2 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:06 am

My 10 year old has been hassling me for weeks to let him play it.

What can you tell me about it?
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Part Warcraft, part Lego's... Lots of building with an older looking 8-bit style design to it, but don't let that fool ya... It's massive every growing 3d world, and each game is unique to the person playing it if they're playing on their own or if you play online the server world is unique...

Here's the website. www.minecraft.net
Regards,
][avok

JonnyDoH

Post#4 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:35 pm

I know two people actively playing: one the thirteen year old son of a friend who loves to build his own little settlement, complete with home made trees and his own pen for keeping livestock; the other is my 13 year old nephew who enjoys griefing servers by going in, hacking away at someone's beautifully wrought construction and replacing it with a brick cube. Oh, and suiciding until kicked. Yeah, the little hellion has problems.

I'd get into it, but it looks way too addicting and I think I'd spend more time building in that virtual world than in real life.
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

FLETCH

Post#5 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:33 am

Is it played online or do you load it on your computer and then play at your leisure?
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:30 pm

It's a Java game that you can play on Windows, Mac or Linux. It can be played through a browser or via the native client. I find the client works better than player through a browser.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Technology & Games”