Alpha Quadrant 7 - Interested?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Re: Alpha Quadrant 7 - Interested?

Post#16 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:56 am

FLETCH wrote:Yeah Cardno it was probably AQ3,

Rimstalker this is a thread about those interested in playing the scenario.Your ability to play the game is well known, unfortunately so is your arrogance. This is a friendly game, I'm not interested in the poor attitude you have brought to this discussion. If all you want to do is criticise, call names and bad mouth others then please keep your comments to yourself and don't join the game.

Simple.
Now THAT Rimstalker is DEFINITELY what you would call a BUTT STAB.......

Rimstalker

Post#17 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:18 pm

... and I already had deleted the nastier part of my post before I hit 'Submit'.

In any case, a more objective analysis of the AQ games: IMHO, this scenario comes down to who can take down bases.

Ships are generally a bit smaller, so more often than not, you will lose ships to bases when trying to push in. I had based my whole gameplan for AQ5 on this, and thus (especially thanks to Starbase+ and my falcons) every base on my border 200 lys inwards was maxed out, and I went for the throat of anyone who could also take down bases, and especially after Gavan who was a very likely candidate to proliferate his SSDs.

Lizards were out as base-takers thanks to Starbase+
Fascists were attacked quite badly by Lurkers and once I had Gil's 'signature' on a border agreement, I felt very safe on that front. I also felt that he was unhappy about a kind of 4-way alliance of Dominion, Fed, Priv (?) and Tholians.

That left only Gavan, and I hope that also explains why I even went for the bad ship trades in combat. Not sure if he noticed as well, but I specifically went after the bases in front of the queue to keep new tech10 ships of his from popping out, while he mostly ignored the important ID bases I had towards the border.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Raven2

Post#18 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Cardno wrote:Does any one remember my 'cameo' in mmmmm was it AQ5? I took over xtals for a few turns as 'mediator'. I dropped the game after it was thought 'balance' was acheived. But two VERY NAUGHTY boys decided to do something creative... [-X [-X [-X

Maybe its time for a return......
That was AQ3, and, I might add, a tale that Logain and I will revel in for the rest of our VGAP careers ... Glad you remember it!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
>>> Raven <<<

Raven2

Post#19 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Rimstalker wrote:... and I already had deleted the nastier part of my post before I hit 'Submit'.

In any case, a more objective analysis of the AQ games: IMHO, this scenario comes down to who can take down bases.

Ships are generally a bit smaller, so more often than not, you will lose ships to bases when trying to push in. I had based my whole gameplan for AQ5 on this, and thus (especially thanks to Starbase+ and my falcons) every base on my border 200 lys inwards was maxed out, and I went for the throat of anyone who could also take down bases, and especially after Gavan who was a very likely candidate to proliferate his SSDs.

Lizards were out as base-takers thanks to Starbase+
Fascists were attacked quite badly by Lurkers and once I had Gil's 'signature' on a border agreement, I felt very safe on that front. I also felt that he was unhappy about a kind of 4-way alliance of Dominion, Fed, Priv (?) and Tholians.

That left only Gavan, and I hope that also explains why I even went for the bad ship trades in combat. Not sure if he noticed as well, but I specifically went after the bases in front of the queue to keep new tech10 ships of his from popping out, while he mostly ignored the important ID bases I had towards the border.

For the record, the super-alliance in AQ5 was Lizard, Priv, Romulan, Klingon. That alliance was born when I (Fed) was on the verge of crushing the Priv, and the Lizard and Romulan jumped to the rescue of the Priv after securing their backsides with an alliance with the Klingon.
In AQ 5, I was originally allied only with the Xtal. As the game progressed and more alliances became exposed, I became allied with the Cardassian and later the Dominion. Neither the Cardassian or Dominion alliance ever fully developed -- distance made cooperation difficult.
Also for the record, in AQ1 I had no allies at all and went solo as the Klingon and waged a very succuessful war against an alliance composed of the Bird, Cardassian, Maquis, and Privateer. (That was fun!)
>>> Raven <<<

wasp

Post#20 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:40 pm

So, do we have a game or not?

I sugest you setle the diferences in the game
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

FLETCH

Post#21 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Thank you Rimstalker for your game recollections and opinions. I take it you do not want to play in another AQ as it is so we'll count you as a no.

That means currently we have a YES from
FLETCH
Wasp
Raven2
Gavan
And we have a MAYBE from
Klauser
Cardno

Do we have anyone else interested in what has never been a boring scenario no matter how you look at it. Perhaps some of the newer recruits (veterans) that came from RC World?? The super alliance issues will be eradicated by One Ally and there will be no lurkers to annoy one or two players while the others prosper.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#22 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:25 pm

That's a YES from Cardno. But only because I loovvvveeee you all...

Cardno

Post#23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:33 am

I know its early days but what are your thoughts on how you think races will be picked Fletch?

Kassengestell

Post#24 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:49 am

do i understand right, that this is a normal planets game, with some other race names, an alternate shiplist and starbase+ and teleport as the only addons in use?

sounds not very spectacular...

bye
thomas
join the mobile infantry

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#25 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:56 am

This is by no means a "normal planets game" :)
Fully custom with custom races, shiplists and graphics. IIRC the only normal part is that each slot still have that special mission/ability (i.e. Pillage, RGA, Building Fighters, Super Refit, etc.)

I see Havok has mastered the game. Jump in. First come first choice as usual.

You can get the scenario details by going to the menu at Games -> Game Types -> Alpha Quadrant

FLETCH

Post#26 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 am

Caught me by surprise there guys, I'm thinking I'm probably not the only one.

Jump in Kass. Never a dull moment in the Alpha Quadrant.
FLETCH

Kassengestell

Post#27 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:06 am

BitMask wrote:This is by no means a "normal planets game" :)
Fully custom with custom races, shiplists and graphics. IIRC the only normal part is that each slot still have that special mission/ability (i.e. Pillage, RGA, Building Fighters, Super Refit, etc.)

I see Havok has mastered the game. Jump in. First come first choice as usual.

You can get the scenario details by going to the menu at Games -> Game Types -> Alpha Quadrant
sorry bitmask,
besides the shiplist i see nothing that is not the same in a "normal" planets-setup... :?:
other graphics for example do not really influence the gameplay 8)

are there any other features for the 11 races? are there special add-ons? special behaviour of ships, fights, etc...?
when i look in the game description theres is nothing mentioned...
so again: am i blind enough to seee it, or is there anything except the shiplist that makes a difference to a normal setting?

bye
thomas
join the mobile infantry

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#28 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:03 am

This version does not include the Race+ and Crystal Entity addon options for this scenario, but the HConfig is also very custom.
I have published the HConfig settings in the AQ7 forum for you.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#29 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 am

BitMask wrote:This version does not include the Race+ and Crystal Entity addon options for this scenario, but the HConfig is also very custom.
I have published the HConfig settings in the AQ7 forum for you.
The crystalline entity is there, I just didn't publish it. Wanted it to be a surprise. Take note I'm using the CE Reborn mod, not the CE that's built into the AQ ship list.

Fire age, click here for more info about the ship list used in this game.
http://www.circus-maximus.com/aq20.htm
Regards,
][avok

FLETCH

Post#30 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:55 am

So I guess this isn't the setup I requested. Or the one I advertised.

Sorry guys if you expected something different.
FLETCH

Return to “Game Suggestions”