XMas-Blitz this year?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Kid Khan

XMas-Blitz this year?

Post#1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:55 am

May be its a little early, but I remember the effort it took last time to get it started.. was almost Easter then...

So, anyone in this year for a Christmas Blitz game?

I'm on leave over Christmas right into January, so a game, lets say, from 26th onward might be interesting, just a suggestion, I'm pretty much open to the dates in all directions.

Thinking of a Tim host NF game with NoAllies, just to get it in nice and clean. We should try and schedule the "turn-hours" during the days. Target is to get it done pretty much before new years eve, wouldn't mind though, if it takes a few days longer.

Anyone interested?

PS: This might sound rude, but in the light of my recent games: I would want to discuss to restrict access to well known players to this site, or players go bail for newbies or unknown guests.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: XMas-Blitz this year?

Post#2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 am

Kid Khan wrote:May be its a little early, but I remember the effort it took last time to get it started.. was almost Easter then...

So, anyone in this year for a Christmas Blitz game?

I'm on leave over Christmas right into January, so a game, lets say, from 26th onward might be interesting, just a suggestion, I'm pretty much open to the dates in all directions.

Thinking of a Tim host NF game with NoAllies, just to get it in nice and clean. We should try and schedule the "turn-hours" during the days. Target is to get it done pretty much before new years eve, wouldn't mind though, if it takes a few days longer.

Anyone interested?

PS: This might sound rude, but in the light of my recent games: I would want to discuss to restrict access to well known players to this site, or players go bail for newbies or unknown guests.

This is the first mention I've seen of it. If there are enough people interested for a Blitz game I'm more than happy to run one.
Regards,
][avok

dark monkey

Post#3 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Sounds good to me..
But what happens if one player doesn´t submit his turns in time?
Can we have a good agreement - like autamatical host after 15 min or like that?

DM

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Part of the agreement of joining a blitz game is actually playing in the game. If the person fails to live up to his end of the deal then they'll be replaced with a c-player.
Regards,
][avok

wasp

Post#5 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:39 pm

And how much time we have to make the turns?
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

Gilgamesh

Post#6 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:01 pm

I might be interested, but I would need to know more about it (like Wasp).
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:46 pm

wasp wrote:And how much time we have to make the turns?

Probably something like an hour... and of course when all turns are in, the host would run too.

After the blitz day, then the game could either end, or just go on a normal rotation if everyone wants to keep it going.
Regards,
][avok

Kid Khan

Post#8 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:28 am

We might try to define mutual waking hours, IF we're not in too different time-zones, depends of course on the players taking part and might be done only as soon as the slots are filled.

Probably the best option would be the host himself taking part in the game, so we might change hosting rules on the spot, like for 8 hours host runs every 30 mins, for the rest of the day when all turns are in, then every 30 min again, something like that. So, if havok or bitmask won't take part, we might even consider if one of the players is willing and able to set up and host the game.

But thats exactly what this early post is for: trying to nail down the rules and conditions for such a game. Other suggestions are very welcome.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#9 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

If there's a game this year it will run based off of my time zone which is -5:00 EST in the USA. You can look up the greenwich mean time via this link: http://greenwichmeantime.com to coordinate time zones.

I'm thinking the game would start around 8am my time and the host would be set to run once per hour for a 12-15 hour period. Obviously the host would also run once they all arrive like we do in any normal game. From previous experience this should allow for about 25-35 turns to get played on that day.

The game itself will probably be a fairly stock game with just a couple of addon's. Think of it as speed chess.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”