Welcome to Cluster Wars

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Welcome to Cluster Wars

Post#1 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:37 pm

All players start in their own cluster with 10 planets under their control. Game runs 3 times a week until turn 25, then twice a week or when all turns are in. Game is open ended with no set end date.

Mods: Teleport, Jump Gate and a surprise.
Map: 16 Clusters.
Shiplist - TList, ESB = 50%.
HW: Random. Extra Rich HW, Rdm Rich Plans, 3 Million Pop, 15,000 Credits.
Starbase @ HW with 2 ships.
TimHost 3.22.47.
Rank To Join: Space Cadet.
Regards,
][avok

Hawkeye

Re: Welcome to Cluster Wars

Post#2 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 pm

Sooooo.... how come this game is still stuck at turn one? Oh hang on, nevermind I've found the answer... :roll:

TheHeadHunter

Post#3 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:21 am

Can we please have this guy removed from the game and get someone new in? 1 guy is holding up 10 others, we could already be on turn 3 by now. Also, it looks like he has a history of missing turns. It's a serious game for serious players.

Thank You!
The Head Hunter
I'm as BAD as the WORST, but thank God, I'm as GOOD as the BEST!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:28 pm

yeah... I wrote him last night... (before he got dropped from 2 other games for missing 4 turns in a row) and his VGAP pc is down.

I've just run the host. Happy playing.
Regards,
][avok

TheHeadHunter

Post#5 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Wow, you're on top of it, Thanks!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:36 pm

TheHeadHunter wrote:Wow, you're on top of it, Thanks!
No prob.
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Havok wrote:yeah... I wrote him last night... (before he got dropped from 2 other games for missing 4 turns in a row) and his VGAP pc is down.

I've just run the host. Happy playing.
It would be quite amazing that you could have done three turns by now - given I only joined the game two days ago, having been one of the last to sign up.

Yes my game computer is indeed down.

Fonz

Post#8 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Cardno wrote:It would be quite amazing that you could have done three turns by now - given I only joined the game two days ago, having been one of the last to sign up.
It's called wishful thinking. Someone's a real pushy busybody.

Hawkeye

Post#9 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:05 am

Is it too early to start advertising for a replacement Rebel player...? :twisted:

Rimstalker

Post#10 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:43 am

poor Cardno. All that hate, and he is only missing 1 turn in 5 on average!
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Cardno

Post#11 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 am

My game computer is kaput. Because I am inept at such things, I can't load winplan on windows 7.

So, I am done.

Frankly, i'm over all the comments anyway. I trust you have all had fun. In the last two years my wife has been to hospital 5 times including 3 operations. I have a very busy role at work and I have been majorly short of time more often than I would have liked, or planned. Not that this means anything, I have related such things before and continue to get the same comments.

I have never held up games in the early stages of games. Yes, I have been foolish at times, when life seems to get a bit more relaxed, in joining too many games - then things change. yes, I have dropped games. But I have been at pains to not ask for game pauses. I have been respectful of not holding up games just because I have issues or am busy. The only game pauses I have asked for was about a month ago, and because I didn't ask sufficiently prior to going on holiday, so the pause was for really just one turn anyway.

I have enjoyed my time on CM and playing Winplan. It's been 8 years now that I have been here. Thank you to ][avok for providing such a great host service.

Thank you and goodbye.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#12 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:01 am

Cardno you've been here since practically the beginning and there have been good and not so good times. You've always been an exceptional and very passionate player and I think what you bring to the table is also what causes you to knock heads with other players and even myself over the years. I think you take on to many games at times, maxing out at 5 and even once or twice 6 games at a time, which ends up creating a burden on you during a normal day and especially when other real life situations come up, and then ultimately it starts to affect other players as well. It's not intentional, it just happens.

I think you should take a break for a while, and when you're ready, come back and jump in one, maybe two games only so it's manageable. Regarding Windows 7, if you're having a problem installing VGA Planets on that, I can walk you through getting it running properly.
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#13 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:51 am

Cardno, don't take the comments personally. Anyone missing first turns will get comments no matter the circumstances.

If you need help getting winpan 32 bit going when you return, give us a shout :-)

Hawkeye

Post#14 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Cardno mate, I'd just like to echo the comments from Havok and Bitmask - we all feel for you and the hard times you've been going through with both your work and private life. Nobody wants to see you leave, as you're one of the more colourful characters around here. I think Havok's suggestion of limiting yourself to a number of games you know you can comfortably handle at one time, for the duration of the game, is an excellent idea - me personally I have a self-imposed limit of two. If you're not using it already, I'd recommend Randmax to help reduce the time it takes to make a turn.

Hawk

TheHeadHunter

Post#15 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Fonz wrote:
Cardno wrote:It would be quite amazing that you could have done three turns by now - given I only joined the game two days ago, having been one of the last to sign up.
It's called wishful thinking. Someone's a real pushy busybody.
Now now, let's be nice. I said Turn 3 because another game was already at turn 3 and I waited 2 days before I said anything... ALSO, I wasn't the only one who felt that way, I was just the one who said it, so you can shoot the messenger if you like. Saying there is a hole in the ground is not the same as digging the hole; there is a hole, ignore it if you want but it's still there.

No offense to Cardno specifically, computers go down, I understand. Perhaps he can play me in a future game and teach me a lesson ;-)

Return to “Cluster Wars”