Which race is the easiest to play

Here you will find the VGA Planets veterans helping out new players. This is a great place to learn battle tactics, logistics and more.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: Which race is the easiest to play

Feds
20%
Lizards
24%
Birds
No votes
Klingons
No votes
Privateers
8%
Cyborgs
No votes
Crystals
No votes
Empire
No votes
Robots
4%
Rebels
4%
Colonies
40%
Total votes: 25

BitMask
Site Admin

Which race is the easiest to play

Post#1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:00 am

From the normal player's perspective (not a newbie or extreme expert), what do you think is the race that is the easiest to play and why?

BitMask
Site Admin

Re: Which race is the easiest to play

Post#2 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:13 am

Both the colonies and the Feds are easy to play without large or weird tactics. They also have easy economies to run.

B A N E

Post#3 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:44 am

Colonies are by far easiest.
Robots come in second due to simplicity.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Rimstalker

Post#4 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:07 am

Colonies for sure.

Fed is very forgiving, but sucks endgame, so my 2nd vote went to Rebel. Some minor sweep shortcomings, but Rushes can ignore a lot of minefields, has a good minelayer and Falcons are super awesome. Plus stronger economy.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

jemmini

Post#5 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:10 am

Russians have a saying in the hands of strangers always thicker.

Question initially put not correctly, so that the answers you need to know on what ship list the game, and allowed to whether alliances. Also a very important factor is the richness of the galaxy...

In my opinion, if we talk about the classic ship list and normal-rich galaxy, the outsiders is a Fascist and the Empire of evil. The rest is quite playable. And easy to play of course Lizard, Solar Federation and Cyborg, because they have the economic bonus.

FireAge

Post#6 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:25 pm

As it is not aimed at beginners, I would say the lizard.

Anticloaking.
Cloaking.
Clan drops.
Terraforming.
Money.
Minerals.
Cheap ships.

Only difficulty is dealing with large fighter ships, but that's why you ally with the privs of course :P

Second easiest for me is a doubt between the Privateer and the Crystal.
As there are always players dropping out, you get loads of free stuff :P

JonnyDoH

Post#7 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:31 am

I rate an "easy" race as any race that can terrorize your opponents with weak ships but with little combat ability. Lizard Ground Combat Advantage, Fascist Combat advantage plus Plunder, Colonial free fighters/fighter sweep & fuel and Rebel RGA are all abilities that don't require a strong economy to pull off-- all you need are a modest set of ships to take advantage of their specials.

I agree with Fireage-- in my experience the Lizards are the easiest to play. If all else fails, you can simply resort to clan drops on enemy planets with relatively weak Reptile Class Ships. The only thing you really have to worry about are ion storms sweeping them away.

Colonials are a close second, since you don't have to worry about fuel so much and you can sweep mine fields with fighters. The only problem is that their heavy carriers are deceptively fragile, and are the weakest of the carrier races, though if you build a few and also have starbases, it's really easy to stock them full of fighters.

Third, I would vote Fascists. People underestimate what they can do, and they're a nice blend of a lot of different races. Their ability to hover over an enemy world without getting attacked is nice, and if you can't kill em with the ship itself, you can always plunder it into oblivion. Again, you don't need battleships to do this; all you need is a modest set of cloaking ships to effectively harass the enemy.

Fourth would be Rebels; like the Fascists, they have an ability to terrorize enemy worlds without fear of the planet attacking back, and have availability to the best hyperspace ship in the fleet lists. With the added bonus of the strongest carrier in the game, they're also underestimated as a strong race to contend with. Again, I stress a modest set of ships. With a bunch of hyperspacing Falcons, they can effectively terrorize the enemy without worrying too much about enemy vengeance.
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Aleortu

Post#8 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:36 am

I voted Colonials, I never have trouble when playing this race, I like to pick Birds to see if they can win sometime.
I have experience with Robots but it happened more than once that I stuck without Duranium and without fuel.

The hardest opponents when well played are the Crystals, the Cyborg and the Empire in this order.
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

Aleortu

Post#9 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:38 am

When I voted Colonials I mean:
- Free fuel
- free fighters
- Heavy carrier
- Good minelayer: the Cobol.

The Cobol is the best ship in the game, the second may be the Resolute.
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

Return to “Mentoring”