Dan and Dave - Look its Dave

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Capstern

Dan and Dave - Look its Dave

Post#1 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:24 pm

Hey I just found you all and thought I would drop in and drop a note.
Dan and I were talking and we are very happy you all still enjoy the add-ons and appreciate the 1000+ of you who bought the addons and the 1000's of you who enjoyed them. Thanks for enjoying the work.

Dana and I are still buds just not collaborating anymore on VGAP projects.

So what are you doing now Dave people ask. Well VGAP helped give me a love for games. So I am about a month from Kickstarting a new board game that my business partner and I have invented. I figured I would reach out to you all and see what was going on and see if I could pique your interest.

The board game is called Thrash-Car (www.thrash-car.com and twitter @thrashcargame and FB facebook.com/thrashcargame)

I would love if all of you who had faith in what we did 19 years ago would take a look and see what you think. Any of those places will tell you when we kickstart and I am hoping at the very least for old times sake a bunch of people will donate at least 1$ to get us backers and those that like what we are doing jump the early bird special we will have going.

Well where will this lead in relation to VGA Planets a few people have asked. WELLLLLLL GroundForces the game still lives. I have it in a box here at the house. The long term plan is Thrash-Car and then we will release a game we are testing currently called Dead Game Hunter and then we start pushing dev on GroundForces: Conquest of Nimbus 7. It is a card combat game based on the VGAP world. We hope to make the card game and then partner with a group to do an app version. SO not only can you keep playing VGAP in space we would allow for VGAP on the group.

Thanks for listening and I would be glad to answer any questions that anyone has. I am still around, Tim and I still talk as do Dan and I. Its like a family that gets together on the phone. They both endorse the game and well I hope you all will really give it a look.

Its not space but it has Rednecks, Hippies, Old Folks and Socceer Moms in high powered race cars beating the crap out of each other.

Love you all

Dave Killinsgworth
capstern@gmail.com

We are building a mail list from our old customer list and anyone that would like emails about the projects as we go can follow twitter or email me directly and ask me to include you - just use subject "vgap mailing list"

THANKS

albatross

Re: Dan and Dave - Look its Dave

Post#2 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Since nobody replied yet to the voice from mount Olympus..
Capstern wrote:Dana and I are still buds just not collaborating anymore on VGAP projects.
A lot of people once picked up the trail to follow your footspteps in the addon business. And still do.
Capstern wrote:Rednecks, Hippies, Old Folks and Socceer Moms in high powered race cars beating the crap out of each other.
Souds like fun :lol:

Capstern

Post#3 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:47 pm

I am just so glad to see VGAP still living on. Even though Tim and Dan and I have had so little involvement the last few years. Still see orders go through and I even found a few copies of the old game manual the other day. I am still trying to find the original 8 copies of the newsletter.

Was such a fun thing we used to do. Really hoping to get everyone to check out the board game and if that goes well get the what will ammount to be a VGAP card game. I still get emails now and then and thank yous and I am just mostly glad that the 867 people who bough the add-ons felt like they got their money's worth and that we really added something to the game and I would like to think we did.

Again thanks for the kind words!

Dave

Capstern

Post#4 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:49 pm

Albatross I do have to thank you - I just realized that you sorta implied I was a greek god and I had someone call me a VGAP legend the othger day - my fiancee is so not amused.

Told her the NFL jersey shes getting me for my birthday needs to sal THE LEGENDARY OLYMPIAN on the back ;)

THANKS!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:07 pm

Welcome back Dave. Are you referring to the Planeteer newsletter? If you are, it's available on the Museum link over on Donovan's Super Site.
Regards,
][avok

wmerkel

Post#6 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:41 am

Capstern wrote: I am still trying to find the original 8 copies of the newsletter.
I have Issues #1-#3 in good condition here. ;-)

streu

Post#7 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:45 am

Capstern wrote:Really hoping to get everyone to check out the board game and if that goes well get the what will ammount to be a VGAP card game.
VGAP card game? I made mine a few years ago, for a small real-life gathering of planeteers: http://phost.de/~stefan/planets/shipcards.pdf. It's played like Top Trumps ("+" means higher value is better, "-" means lower value is better) or Quartets.

--Stefan

Klauser

Post#8 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks for the personal update!

And while you're here, thanks again for the all the add-on goodies you and Dan gave us for VGAP. Back in "the day", you're add-ons were must haves for many of the games our local group played.

I'll definitely check out your new board game.

Best wishes!

Matt
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Capstern

Post#9 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:59 pm

I still very much appreciate everyone who supported us for all those years. Was some of the most fun we all have had.
Out of all of us Me, Ralph, Dan and Tim - Dan and I are the only ones who have met in person. In 1996 LOL.

We all still love this game but god I couldnt play it anymore without a tutor :)

Yeah GroundForces has been a dream for a while. Its taking VGAP to the planet surface and playing a head to head game like Magic is head to head but so fun using the VGAP universe. I have all the test cards still but need to refine the rules.

Thrash-Car.com will be first. I think you wil all like it. Screw your neighbors dressed in humor and race cars. We who have ever played VGAP love the neighbor screw part. LOL The we will be doing Dead Game Hunter a co-op and head to head combo card and dice game.

At that point we will have 2 potential projects and will depend how everything is going. GroundForces is a HUGE understaking as the card and combat system is pretty complex. We sort of hope that we can have had enough success with the other 2 games to have reputation enough to maybe parter that one. When we do that we WILL partner with a dev company to make it into an APP.

So lots going on...please feel free to ask anything about VGAp or projects - kind of miss the high intellect level of the average VGAper. :D

Or feel free to ask about the projects. Our Kickstart is targeted for Oct 29- Nov 30. Will keep you updated on that too.
I still have my VGAPmousepad its 17 years old!!!!

Dave

Andor

Post#10 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm not trying to get you to play again, but it had been 18 years since I played. So far most of it's coming back,the rest just takes some RTFM : )

Good luck with the board game.

Fonz

Post#11 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Andor wrote:I'm not trying to get you to play again, but it had been 18 years since I played. So far most of it's coming back,the rest just takes some RTFM : )
I too came back to VGAP after a hiatus of 10+ years. It can be done, nudge nudge wink wink :wink:

Capstern

Post#12 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:37 am

It is even funnier because I wrote the manuals. :)
LOL

I am just so busy. We are launching our Kickstart today for the Thrash-Car board game. Will be posting the link in a few hours.

Whoopie

Capstern

Post#13 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:13 am

My Kickstart is live. Please if you ever linked anything I did in VGA Planets - please help support this dream project!

The KICKSTART is LIVE. Here are the links - please get out and pledge today. Remember even if you do not want copy of the game plays just do some kind of donation to help support what we are doing and help make the game a reality.

​http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/br ... thrash-car

Return to “Technology & Games”