Independents AND Alliance Mechanics

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Andor

Independents AND Alliance Mechanics

Post#1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Is it acceptable for the Independents to use Minefield, Combat, and/or Vision level benefits with any other Independent or team?

Combat would allow the team I'm helping to keep their mission set to Kill. This seems necessary since the territories being invaded would likely include two defending races.

Minefield would allow them to lay mines and not worry about contacting me with FC. Also, in enemy territories I would only sweep enemy mines.

Vision seems unnecessary, but I would like to use this level so I can remain cloaked. The team that I'm helping can provide my ships with sight using sensor sweep. Vision on the other hand would allow me to see all sensor scans even in areas I'm not assisting in.

Here's the Alliance Mechanics documentation for quick reference if needed.

http://phost.de/phost4doc/alliances.html

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Independents AND Alliance Mechanics

Post#2 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Here's a list of the guideline's we use here.

http://www.circus-maximus.com/dipgl.htm
Regards,
][avok

Andor

Post#3 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Since this is a PHost game we have more options with what we can share than in regular THost. The 3 levels I want to use are for convenience more than they are for an alliance. However, they are still part of the Alliance Mechanics and Independents are supposed to be mercenaries. The link just told me about ffx and FFx differences and none of the "Game Frameworks" are used in this scenario. I would consider this like "One Ally with non-ally Cooperation: (Mercenary game)" and it sounds like the levels I want to use would be acceptable. So, I will use them until told otherwise.

FireAge

Post#4 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Just remember this ruleset as was defined at the start.

http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... 394&t=5097
First post.

If you go for even an NAP, you have to pay 1500MC and a ship for 10 rounds of NAP with an independent.
Now the alliance settings you propose could work, but be sure to pay up to the tax collector.
Those would have saved me a lot of headache as the crystal in Federation War 2.
But I thought One-Ally was in effect, so it didn't seem appropriate.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#5 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:03 am

If you pay, you can set it.

Andor

Post#6 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:59 am

FireAge wrote:Just remember this ruleset as was defined at the start.

http://www.circus-maximus.com/forums/vi ... 394&t=5097
Yes, that post is what I used to consider myself a Mercenary in one of the "Game Frameworks". Also, according to that post, NAP with Independents are free for both sides. The player I assist will have to let me keep the ships I steal and they must pay me 1 ship for every 2 ships I steal in their enemies territory. So, for the Ferengi there is no fee unless I collect :)

FireAge

Post#7 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Are you sure about that?

They way I read it, only NAP between independents are free.
So Priv <-> Crystal can have a free NAP.
But Fed <-> Crystal cannot have a free NAP.

Now I am not sure if in the second case, both parties have to pay the tax man, or only the Fed :lol:

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#8 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:52 am

If you are not in a team (the independents) and you have a NAP with another independent, then the NAP is free.
NAP between independent and a Team, then all 3 races have to pay
NAP between one Team and another Team, then all 4 races have to pay

Those are your options.

Return to “Federation War 3”