Hey guys - Welcome to the "Stale Turn Bar and Grill". Grab a beer and pull up a chair. The reason I asked you here is to pick your brains for ideas about the AQ mod - particularly Race 11 - the Maquis.
From the AQ Docs:
"The Maquis have an mix of good low-end starships from a variety of races. They excel at making the most of fighters and small ships of all types, but suffer from a lack of major capital ships."
- Can use fighters to mine sweep
- Can build fighters in space
- Can clone captured enemy ships
As I mentioned in the AQ7 Forum, I've felt that the Maquis really didn't pan out as well as I'd hoped. I envisioned them as the only real fighter race in the game, but balanced them by not having access to heavier ship classes.
So I'm asking your opinion of the Maquis.
- You're nuts, Klauser. The Maquis are fine ... if played by the right player.
- The Maquis need some re-tooling, and here's how you do it ...
- The Maquis are crap. You need to start from scratch with a new race.
I encourage any opinions from anyone - particularly from those of you who have played an AQ game.
I can't promise any immediate changes, but if I get a good enough feedback base, I will consider making an updated AQ mod.
Anyway, I've taken enough of your time. Enjoy the rest of your ... hey, HEY!! Do NOT
pick fights with the Vorlon in the corner. It took me months to collect on the insurance last time!!