Planets 5's future?

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

ChallengeSpaceYard

Planets 5's future?

Post#1 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Ever since the closed beta ended in February 2012 and the StarCube team disbanded due to RL issues, I had been wondering if there is any new information regarding this project.

It looked promising when I tried it back in October 2011. Anyone have any information regarding Planets 5: StarCube?

Hawkeye

Re: Planets 5's future?

Post#2 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:55 pm

I've got no new information to hand, but having played the beta version can, in my own opinion, state that the whole thing needed a stack-load of work. I'm not saying it was incomplete, or that it was full of bugs, but rather the design of the interface just didn't work well. Graphically it was very good, but getting a turn done involved switching between web pages which took longer than they should to load, and the user interface wasn't intuitive, even for someone with a bit of experience in V3. In the end I came away from it thinking that it was an interesting attempt, but wouldn't swap it for VGAP V3. :wink:

Hawk

ChallengeSpaceYard

Re: Planets 5's future?

Post#3 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Indeed, it is still somewhat inefficient to load each planet or base, even after the last batch of fixes. You still had to wait a good bit the first time you loaded each planet or base in a session.

Return to “Technology & Games”