VPA 3.67 beta-7 released

This forum is for discussion of the VPA client.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Quapla
Posts: 91

VPA 3.67 beta-7 released

Post#1 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:06 am

Merry XMAS!

Here we go: I just released the latest beta. Still there are some bugs and notches.

Take care to switch off forecast (Shift F) if the display will be too slow - maybe I can improve that more.

Steffen

2013-08-20-2013-09-08 Quapla (3.67b6)
! Crash in Mine-Sim fixed
! Wrong data shown at Teleport-Info (Old Planets, no Bases etc.)

2013-12-08-2013-12-24 Quapla (3.67b7)
+ Unity Features added: bd[1-9,h], Klingon Vailland makes fighters
! lfm added (experimantal)
! Hiss, Pillage RGA now fixed again (in planet screen, happyness change), speed optimized
! Player 4+10 movement only if ShowForecast (Shift F) is on
...still playing VPA in a box...
latest VPA: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vpa/

User avatar
Quapla
Posts: 91

Re: VPA 3.67 beta-7 released

Post#2 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:38 pm

FireAge wrote: version:
3.67b5

Bugs:
Planet Simulator:
The Rebel Assualt and Klingon Pillage do not predict the correct amount of colonist and natives lost.
They just remove 20 colonist each time. Or 32 when both are activated. (The MC/Supplies prediction is very nice!)
I cannot reproduce this, in my games everything seems to be OK. It is shown with SHIFT-F in the topline. MAybe you have to repress ENTER
FireAge wrote: Teleport Overview:
Need more digits to display the transfer in the overview. It's not hard to reach over 10.000MC to be received on a world.
Done in Beta-8
FireAge wrote: As requested, only display the planet in the centre of the map when a user presses space bar. That would speed up the process tremendously. I made my turns this holiday on an Atom netbook, and had to resort back to the original teleport viewer as the in VPA one was too slow for such an underpowered machine. (As was scrolling through the map for most of the time :* )
Done in Beta-8
FireAge wrote: Common Mistakes:
Too slow warning even though the ship will make it's destination (82 ly). Appearently you use a different calculation here then when VPA is used to plan the movement, as then it is displayed as being a one turn move.
I cannot reproduce this, maybe you have to send me your game data.
FireAge wrote: In the common mistakes, there is a warning about InWarp.
I assume it means that when you go to a warpwell, and warp >1 it gives a warning.

In BT15 the warpwell is square, and upon changing it to square for VPA, I now get this warning for every ship flying towards a planet. Maybe it does not take the warpwell setting into account?
I cannot reproduce this, maybe you have to send me your game data.
FireAge wrote: In the common mistakes section, is there a way to ignore all planets with only 1 clan? :P
Soo many 1 clan planets giving me warning about not taxing them..
Done in Beta-8

Additional tip: You have to colonize your (good) planets better. You cannot win with 1-clan planets only :D

2013-12-24- Quapla (3.67b8)
! Rounding Pillage prediction fixed
! Teleport Tool CTRL-V: now shows 5 digits, press space to center, TAB to zoom
+ Common errors Shift F11: Switch off calculation of taxes for 1-clan planets in config

Just uploaded.

Quapla

PS: Anymore hints or bugs?
...still playing VPA in a box...
latest VPA: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vpa/

User avatar
FireAge
Posts: 424

Re: VPA 3.67 beta-7 released

Post#3 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:09 am

Quapla wrote:
FireAge wrote: Planet Simulator:
The Rebel Assualt and Klingon Pillage do not predict the correct amount of colonist and natives lost.
They just remove 20 colonist each time. Or 32 when both are activated. (The MC/Supplies prediction is very nice!)
I cannot reproduce this, in my games everything seems to be OK. It is shown with SHIFT-F in the topline. MAybe you have to repress ENTER
I was referring to the planet simulator, located under F6. the SHIFT-F seems to work ok.
Quapla wrote:
FireAge wrote: Common Mistakes:
Too slow warning even though the ship will make it's destination (82 ly). Appearently you use a different calculation here then when VPA is used to plan the movement, as then it is displayed as being a one turn move.
I cannot reproduce this, maybe you have to send me your game data.
FireAge wrote: In the common mistakes, there is a warning about InWarp.
I assume it means that when you go to a warpwell, and warp >1 it gives a warning.

In BT15 the warpwell is square, and upon changing it to square for VPA, I now get this warning for every ship flying towards a planet. Maybe it does not take the warpwell setting into account?
I cannot reproduce this, maybe you have to send me your game data.
I'll send you my game data from BT15, and put one of the ships on the 82LY course to show the problem (if I can still find it, so long ago :P)

Ill see if I have more points but unfortunately, we have two days of christmas here, so yesterday was parents-in-law day, and today its parents-day for me. I have two weeks of holiday though, so should be able to find some time for you :)

User avatar
Quapla
Posts: 91

Re: VPA 3.67 beta-7 released

Post#4 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:28 am

FireAge wrote: I was referring to the planet simulator, located under F6. the SHIFT-F seems to work ok.
FireAge wrote: OK, I will check this - since I do not play Borg right now, i do not use it actally.
FireAge wrote: I'll send you my game data from BT15, and put one of the ships on the 82LY course to show the problem (if I can still find it, so long ago :P)
Thank you, you know my email.

Quapla
...still playing VPA in a box...
latest VPA: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vpa/

User avatar
Quapla
Posts: 91

Re: VPA 3.67 beta-7 released

Post#5 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:55 pm

FireAge wrote: Common Mistakes:
Too slow warning even though the ship will make it's destination (82 ly). Appearently you use a different calculation here then when VPA is used to plan the movement, as then it is displayed as being a one turn move.
Thank you - never trust any given code....

! Bugfixed in Common Errors (S-Warpwell), btw. never pull roots from negative numbers unless you know what you are doing [Thanks to Fireage]
...still playing VPA in a box...
latest VPA: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vpa/

User avatar
FireAge
Posts: 424

Re: VPA 3.67 beta-7 released

Post#6 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:35 am

Beta 8 on SF seems to be a bit small?

VPA.exe Beta 7 = 725kB
VPA.exe Beta 8 = 19kB

Return to “Project 7: VPA”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron