Welcome to Federation War 3

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FireAge

Re: Welcome to Federation War 3

Post#61 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:25 pm

It's 200% because I bribed Bitmask! (but now I regret it as the money is going to pillaging #*($$*#&#'s)

"Just a little further, we are so near,
soon we will land, so don't fret my dear.
There can be no resistance, for it is futile,
once your god is assimilated, he too will be quite docile."

Andor

Post#62 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:47 pm

I personally have played the Borg recently and would have spotted the difference on my first few assimilated planet. With 200% and a tax rate of 7 to 9 percent (depending on planetary structures) you should have 1 or 2 planets making over 1,000 MC.

The damage is done in my opinion, taking 10 to 20 thousand will have no effect on the extra mines you were able to build. Everyone else will have to spend extra time and MC to counter them with sweeping and mines of their own. Also, the better ship builds before the 500 limit was reached. Klingons pillaging your planets IMO only make a small difference and is part of their advantage.

I will give you credit for pointing it out, thanks for that. If everyone wishes to continue play, I will too.

FireAge

Post#63 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:57 am

Yeah I thought about it a bit, and the effect could have been quite large. However, so far the only one who was hindered by minefields was you, and I didn't even spend 25% of my funds on that. The reason the fields were not larger was purely a Moly issue, if I had build less ships, those fields would have been larger...

I could have noticed it sooner for sure, but it's just not something I payed attention to. I just set the tax according to the max growth method, and don't actually really even look at the amount. It was not until my homeworld was at exactly 1000.000 clans that I noticed something odd.

Hope bit can come up with a solution which is suitable. One thing we could a least agree upon, is that I can no longer win this scenario, and that I will just be there to make everyone's live hell :twisted:

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#64 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:16 am

Fixed and removed some funds here and there.

wmerkel

Post#65 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:25 am

Thanks Bitmask for fixing (a different way would have been: borg had up to turn 34 200% tax, so give him now 50% until turn 68).

In my opinion, the borg can still win! No reason just to play for fun for you - play for fame ;-)

-wm

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#66 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:18 am

wmerkel wrote:a different way would have been: borg had up to turn 34 200% tax, so give him now 50% until turn 68
To much admin. Then I have to remember to set it back again #-o

FireAge

Post#67 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:35 am

BitMask wrote:Fixed and removed some funds here and there.

So, ehm, how do I know where they were removed?
Hate to think something is happening, and then it's not?
Or triggering the tim continuum.

Return to “Federation War 3”