Terminator

Vote to end the game

Post#1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Anyone else wanting to end this game? I'm in favour of that action

Noland

Kassengestell

Re: Vote to end the game

Post#2 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:50 am

i don't mind. my turns are done in 5 minutes...
there are 4 races left. we can end it, i think.
join the mobile infantry

ssavage

Post#3 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:55 am

Hey guys I know its not fun if you are the Priv or Romulans - constant minefields to sweep but I am still enjoying the game. Robot is playing well and came from the pack to get to 1st place and I'm cornerning in on the Priv - who's a cornered python. I've been going slowly because I know he is a very very good VGAP player (top player from where we came from on the other host site). I'm expecting to topple the Robots in the long run but Robot might have different thoughts on that.

Priv can easily turn the tables on me if he has what I think he has (40-50 ships at one of his planets just waiting for a deadly rob ship - that's a lot of fuel that I have to prepare for).

If you guys are ready to throw in the towel why don't you just surrender your capital ship and be done? I was looking forward to going head to head against Robot.

But I'll abide by the majority.

Xtals

Kassengestell

Post#4 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:55 pm

ssavage wrote:Hey guys I know its not fun if you are the Priv or Romulans - constant minefields to sweep but I am still enjoying the game. Robot is playing well and came from the pack to get to 1st place and I'm cornerning in on the Priv - who's a cornered python. I've been going slowly because I know he is a very very good VGAP player (top player from where we came from on the other host site). I'm expecting to topple the Robots in the long run but Robot might have different thoughts on that.

Priv can easily turn the tables on me if he has what I think he has (40-50 ships at one of his planets just waiting for a deadly rob ship - that's a lot of fuel that I have to prepare for).

If you guys are ready to throw in the towel why don't you just surrender your capital ship and be done? I was looking forward to going head to head against Robot.

But I'll abide by the majority.

Xtals
it is more 80-90 ... 8)
join the mobile infantry

ssavage

Post#5 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Ha I figured as much - you were just waiting to capture my awesome fleet. Like I said - I'm chasing a cornered cobra :lol:

Dano Killer

Post#6 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:22 am

For the record I would have voted to play the game out. There was a lot of game left to play until the massive battle between the Crystals and myself (Robots) in the ultimate battle between the two scariest minelayers in the game.

You're correct Crystal I had a lot of plans for you once I had taken care of the Birds, collected build points and overwhelmed you with the Tech 10 beams of my Golems. My plan was to sweep the Birds from the other side of the map and hit you from your right flank with your fleet locked in at the lower left side with the Privateers. I was going to let you two play with yourselves while I took out the Birds. My plan was working as designed and I was bummed out the game ended so suddenly and without warning.

There was lots of game left to play and since this was a Capture the Flag game I was hoping that was how it was going to end. If you were doing your turns in 5 minutes great, but why vote to end a game where others were enjoying the challenge? I agree with the Crystals, you should have committed suicide and walked away. Die like a warrior.

I wish we had a chance to really vote. If I read this board right, there never was an actual vote. Too bad because the game was just getting good. The two races who wanted to continue the game are the two who were obviously going to fight it out in the end. Too bad we never got that chance.
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:30 am

If you all decide you want to keep going the game is still there. We can turn it back on. I'll setup a pole.
Regards,
][avok

ssavage

Post#8 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:15 pm

I'm looking forward to adding some of those nice Robot Golumn ships to my fleet. Please ensure that you build them to Xtal specs and put good beams on them.

Battle of the minefields - let's see who wins! :mrgreen:

Dano Killer

Post#9 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:19 pm

Of all the races in this game I avoid the Crystals. Their race advantage is a challenge to overcome once they get their hook on you. I have overcame them in games past but only after much planning and nail biting, I find it easier to befriend them or kill them as quickly as possible.

The end of game will be an epic battle between races advantages. I'm interested in seeing how two veteran players use their advantages.

Sorry Birds and Privateers, I know I'm leaving you out of the conversation. No disrespect intended but who will remain standing in the end is pretty obvious. I hope you both will remain in the game and fight as warriors until the bloody end but if not, simply send your Capital ship out in the open and let each one of us have your Capital ship. Hari-Kiri, don't quit.

"Hari-Kiri or Seppuku (切腹?, "stomach-cutting") is a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment. Seppuku was originally reserved only for samurai.[1] Part of the samurai bushido honour code, seppuku was used voluntarily by samurai to die with honor rather than fall into the hands of their enemies."
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Kassengestell

Post#10 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:45 am

Dano Killer wrote:Of all the races in this game I avoid the Crystals. Their race advantage is a challenge to overcome once they get their hook on you. I have overcame them in games past but only after much planning and nail biting, I find it easier to befriend them or kill them as quickly as possible.

The end of game will be an epic battle between races advantages. I'm interested in seeing how two veteran players use their advantages.

Sorry Birds and Privateers, I know I'm leaving you out of the conversation. No disrespect intended but who will remain standing in the end is pretty obvious. I hope you both will remain in the game and fight as warriors until the bloody end but if not, simply send your Capital ship out in the open and let each one of us have your Capital ship. Hari-Kiri, don't quit.

"Hari-Kiri or Seppuku (切腹?, "stomach-cutting") is a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment. Seppuku was originally reserved only for samurai.[1] Part of the samurai bushido honour code, seppuku was used voluntarily by samurai to die with honor rather than fall into the hands of their enemies."
without any lokis - the crystal has a minimum of 1 - you would never get my flagship. you can't even attack my homeplanet without losing your whole attacking fleet! 8)
join the mobile infantry

Dano Killer

Post#11 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:41 pm

So I surround you and leave you to what? Sit there while my MBRs pull your ships off one at a time? OK.... give up your capital ship but whatever you decide, don't quit the game. This is a capture the flag game, in it til the end.
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Kassengestell

Post#12 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:49 am

Dano Killer wrote:So I surround you and leave you to what? Sit there while my MBRs pull your ships off one at a time? OK.... give up your capital ship but whatever you decide, don't quit the game. This is a capture the flag game, in it til the end.
wait, YOUR mbr will tow MY ships away from the planet...??
hmm, now i am confused... :shock:
join the mobile infantry

Dano Killer

Post#13 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:40 pm

No I said "MBRs", plural. What makes you think I haven't collected MBRs and Lizard ships? Right now they are scouting your planets for my campaign against you. When you lay minefields I stop their travel, lay a larger minefield to wipe yours out and move on deeper into your space. Elementary my dear Watson.
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Kassengestell

Post#14 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Dano Killer wrote:No I said "MBRs", plural. What makes you think I haven't collected MBRs and Lizard ships? Right now they are scouting your planets for my campaign against you. When you lay minefields I stop their travel, lay a larger minefield to wipe yours out and move on deeper into your space. Elementary my dear Watson.
hmm, let my think about it... I am the priv, the native owner of mbr.
i am pretty sure that i know how many mbr you captured from me... :D
join the mobile infantry

ssavage

Post#15 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:43 pm

[grabs some popcorn and a few cold beers] - Per Mr. Robot's comment that he will use his captured MBRs to cloak into the Priv planets and steal his ships. This I want to see. Should be very intersting and enlightening - go ahead and please show us how its done Mr. Robot. Why on earth did I not think of that #-o

Let us know how that works out for you LOL :lol:

Return to “Leaf On The Wind 6”