40%
End it now.
60%
Total votes: 5

Havok
Site Admin

LotW 6 Poll

Post#1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:33 am

Players take a moment and cast your vote for Leaf on the Wind 6. This poll is for the LotW 6 players only. Please do not participate if you are not in that game.
Regards,
][avok

Terminator

Re: LotW 6 Poll

Post#2 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:39 pm

So who changed their mind? When I polled, the remaining player where and they said:

Birdman - Yes
Rebel - Yes
Privateer - Yes
Crystal - Would prefer to play but would follow majority
Robot - No Response

Fed doesn't count, because he's been knocked out

Noland

Chorgey

Post#3 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 pm

My vote remains at ending it now
South Jersey

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:46 pm

Dano Killer didn't get the message when I sent out the vote info... and after seeing his response on the other thread I decided to make an official poll.
Regards,
][avok

Kassengestell

Post#5 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:40 am

funny thing. in my game there are only FOUR races still alive...
crystal, robot, bird and me.

who is the rebel-vote...? ;)
join the mobile infantry

Terminator

Post#6 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:59 am

And now I'm curious about that. The Rebel player, is still listed as an active player
on the host game site, but not on the in game score board! Why is it that it seems
he's still an active player in one place and not the other? He did cast a vote!

Noland

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:28 am

A person isn't out of the game just because their flagship is gone... While they can't win the game you can still play on your own or as an ally to someone else. In other words, as long as they're playing, they can still vote.
Regards,
][avok

Terminator

Post#8 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:45 am

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense.

Noland

Kassengestell

Post#9 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:57 am

Havok wrote:A person isn't out of the game just because their flagship is gone... While they can't win the game you can still play on your own or as an ally to someone else. In other words, as long as they're playing, they can still vote.
hmm, echoview and planets score says for the rebel: 0 starbases/0 planets/0 ships!?
how he can NOT be dead ?
join the mobile infantry

Dano Killer

Post#10 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Rebel has no Capital ship so their vote is moot. Races with Active capital ships only otherwise what's the point? Seems the only two races willing to continue is the 2 races in the lead so expose your capital ships and walk away, don't quit. Geez
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Dano Killer

Post#11 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:55 pm

So we're clear, there was never a poll on the forum, there was a question. Havok sent out an official poll and I responded to that poll. If you're doing a poll manually and not using the board poll tool, count me as a "continue the game" vote.

My vote had never changed.
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Havok
Site Admin

Post#12 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Dano Killer wrote:So we're clear, there was never a poll on the forum, there was a question. Havok sent out an official poll and I responded to that poll. If you're doing a poll manually and not using the board poll tool, count me as a "continue the game" vote.

My vote had never changed.
I sent out the original vote message that you missed as well.
Regards,
][avok

Dano Killer

Post#13 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:55 pm

Never received the original question posted on the board to end the game, that is correct. I got the vote poll announcement in my email box.

I honestly don't agree that races without Capital ships should have an equal vote to end the game. I've got 100+ ships and so does the Crystals and Privateers. The Rebels have maybe... maybe 5 and 3 planets... maybe, and yet their vote tips the scale to ending the game? The Crystals and I are 1 and 2 and we wish to continue. If you discount the Rebels the vote was 50/50.
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Havok
Site Admin

Post#14 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:33 am

I feel anyone still putting the time and effort into the game by playing a turn and returning it gets a say so. Even if they've lost their capital ship in this game. I didn't have the scenario setup to wipe a players race out entirely if the lost that ship, if I had, then I would be leaning towards what you're thinking. However that's not the case this time around.
Regards,
][avok

ssavage

Post#15 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Interesting conversation here - I also believe that there are only 4 players left. Only Crystal, Robot, Priv, and Romulan have ships (of any kind), planets, and Starbases. All of the other races have nothing left (and to clarify they have 0 planets, 0 ships, 0 starbases) - they have nothing at all - only thing that they can do is read messages each turn. They can't even see stuff on the map because they have no visibility. We should call these players "the walking dead" :shock: because they are... dead!

So I don't undertstand how Rebel can possible unpack and pack a new turn when there is nothing to do? Is not the point of this game that when a player's flagship is capture that 1/2 of his ships and planets and SB's get transferred to the guy who took out his flagship and the rest of his stuff gets wiped (i.e. so planets he owned that are not transferred get restored back to unowned).

That was part of the fun of the game - and as a race gets hit and starts to lose - they get a fast exit instead of a slow grinding death.

So Havoc as I understand it we have 4 races left - 2 who wish to continue and 2 who wish to end it. My original recommendation stands - just have those 2 races expose their flagship and they can end their participation fast.

I'm looking forward to seeing which master mine laying race will come out on top - the mighty Robots or the crafty Xtals.
Best advice for my Robot friend - bring lots of fuel :D

ssavage
Crystal Commander

Return to “Leaf On The Wind 6”