Vote to end AQ7

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: Should AQ 7 end after the turn on Feb. 13?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes
Total votes: 4

Raven2

Vote to end AQ7

Post#1 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:45 am

Hello Folks,

AQ 7 has been a LOT of fun! The consensus among the major powers of the Alpha Quadrant is that the Borg/Klingon alliance is in a downhill slide that will lead to inevitable defeat. The Borg player has expressed interest in ending the game rather than continue to invest a great deal of time into a losing effort.

The Romulan/Federation alliance accepts the surrender of the Borg/Klingon alliance.

The Cardassian Union agrees to the end of hostilities in the Alpha Quadrant as well. The only active empire not consulted on this is the Gorn.

I recommend allowing tonight's turn to run, and then ending the game.

If you're a player in AQ 7, please enter your vote to verify your agreement with this course of action.

Havok, please acknowledge and confirm course of action.

Thanks everyone for an AWESOME game!

--Raven
>>> Raven <<<

FLETCH

Re: Vote to end AQ7

Post#2 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Just when I was dragging the Borg back in the scores... :wink:

I concur. The Federation is happy to accept the surrender of our respected foe (foes?). Well played all!
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Gavan

Post#3 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:28 pm

AQ7 was a lot of fun but I am also happy to end it.

Well played
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Burnerboy

Post#4 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Howdy from Tennessee,
I also voted to end [-o< , Wait, it was my friggin' idea #-o ! I just got too much going on to continue the pace. Not counting getting back to my hotel last Thursday and spending nearly 4 hours on my turn only to log into my e-mail and see my RST already there :shock: Different time zone here than home. Getting too old for this.
Well played game by everyone involved. Lots of fun and some great battles.

Ron

ps.. Don't wait for the Klingon to vote. He does not read these forums much. He sent me an e-mail that he is ok with ending.

RB

Raven2

Post#5 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:04 pm

There are 6 active players in the game. At this point we have 4 votes to end.

Only ones who haven't voted are the Gorn and Klingon players. As Ron noted, the Klingon concurred via e-mail.

Looks like this one's a wrap after tonight's turn runs.

Post-game notes, AARs, and Lessons Learned are always welcome!
>>> Raven <<<

Burnerboy

Post#6 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Rick,
Don't expect a response from the Gorn either. If I could have gotten him to communicate two months ago, you Hooligans would have had 150% damage capable Biocides flying up your sorry asses on a regular basis =D>
Also, I was serious about the trip to Virginia to "have a beer with ][avok". It's been way too long, and I don't get up your way since I changed jobs.

Regards,
Ron

Havok
Site Admin

Post#7 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm ready for a beer right now.
Regards,
][avok

Burnerboy

Post#8 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Don't worry my friend, I'll talk him into it :lol:

Havok
Site Admin

Post#9 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:24 pm

Hah. I was just saying that I was going to get a beer then... Now I've had several.
Regards,
][avok

Gavan

Post#10 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Havok / Bitmask,

It appears the game is still set to Host.

Can you please set the game it finished.

Logain

Post#11 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Eagerly awaiting the AARs... How did this one compare to AQ1/AQ3?

Logain

Gavan

Post#12 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:20 am

Here is my After Game Report - Cardassian

I started off at the top of the map to the left side. I expanded out in all 3 possible directions until I ran into to Romulan’s. We quickly reached a border agreement and I continued to expand until I reached the left side of the map and was up against the newly agreed border to my south. At about this time I discovered the Tholian’s to my east. They attacked before I could and lost 4 or 5 planets before I started pushing back. When I was about halfway through the Tholian’s space I noticed that they were losing ships and planets that I was not taking. It turned out the Dominion was on the other side working towards me. The Dominion and I eventually did run into each other after the Tholian’s were almost gone. The Dominion / Cardassian war last a short time until I noticed the Dominion starting sending a large number of their ships in the opposite direction from our war. The Dominion had engaged the Borg. In short notice I cleaned up what was left of the Dominion near my space before finding myself over a Borg world with many Borg ships while Cloaked. I waited about 10 turns trying to decide if I wanted to attack a much larger enemy but in the end it was that or sit around and do nothing as I had no other direction to attack. (And I started to notice Borg ship names appearing as destroyed ships in my messages so I knew I would not be the only focus of the Borg.) I made some good progress into the Borg before the Borg must have decided I was than just a pest and pushed back. The Borg fleet made it into my space for a while until I learned how to kill the fleet off. After that there was lots of fighting over the same worlds, over and over again. The game ended with my space covering the top of the map but for a small part where the Borg had used a MBR / transport to sneak over the top of the map well past what could be seen from the top planets and then attack back in.

Overall the Cardassian’s are a good race to play. The medium sized cloaking Keldon is a good ship but does tend to get used for almost all possible missions. The Galor and the Neterok made up most of the rest of my warship fleet. Two Keldons made a good trade for a Borg Cube because while both sides gained 10 PBP a Keldon only costs 9 to replace so over time this was working in my favour.

Klauser

Post#13 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:52 am

Great report. Enjoyed it!!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Return to “Alpha Quadrant 7”