PHOST Q&A Forum

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

streu

Re: PHOST Q&A Forum

Post#76 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:02 pm

albatross wrote:Thanks for your patience guys.. another one :peek: :

Code: Select all

Note that the PBn friendly codes are considered special by PHost and will, therefore, never match for the purposes of combat, beam-gather, etc. 
Being considered special, will ships matching base PBn codes also resist a Force Surrender?
As far as I can tell, yes.

--Stefan

albatross

Post#77 » Mon May 19, 2014 4:34 am

Hm.. question again.

Consider an ion storm of small radius but high voltage and speed, and a ship real close yet outside the hazardous zone. The storm will shred over the ship's coordinates but after storm movement the ship will end up outside the boundaries again. Will the ship be affected?

edit:
Question resolved by latest rst, the storm just passed by without affecting the ship.

streu

Post#78 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:21 pm

albatross wrote:Hm.. question again.

Consider an ion storm of small radius but high voltage and speed, and a ship real close yet outside the hazardous zone. The storm will shred over the ship's coordinates but after storm movement the ship will end up outside the boundaries again. Will the ship be affected?

edit:
Question resolved by latest rst, the storm just passed by without affecting the ship.
OK, you found out already. Let me add a rule of thumb anyway:

Ion storms jump over ships, ships jump over storms. Same thing for wormholes in all variants known to me: worm holes jump over ships (if they move quick enough), ships jump over wormholes.

Minefields sort-of are the exception. Only minefields make a passage dangerous.

--Stefan

Return to “Intel”