Robots Vs Crystals In An Epic Rumble

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Kassengestell

Re: Robots Vs Crystals In An Epic Rumble

Post#61 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:55 am

than it must have been a cloak failure. this happens more often than you think ;)

unfortunately you dont't receive a message...
join the mobile infantry

Captain Blood

Post#62 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:15 am

Dano Killer wrote: Maybe I had the same FC as one of those ship or the planet itself. FC was mkt but that shouldn't have caused it to surrender. Maybe it was one of those rare "cloak failure" events that happen sometimes and you were able to steal my fuel. Strange, I have no idea what caused that.
Sounds to me like you almost give the answer yourself! If the starbase also have FC mkt and order to force surrender then the ship surrender. That is why one should always be very carefull when using FC mkt. That counts for the planet owner as well. Some players set there starbases to FC mkt and force surrender and complain they have bad luck players newer hit there mines, I wonder why.

FC EEE is the worst FC a privater ship can have, if the FC mkt do not "pay off" then try that one.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Kassengestell

Post#63 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Captain Blood wrote:
Dano Killer wrote: Maybe I had the same FC as one of those ship or the planet itself. FC was mkt but that shouldn't have caused it to surrender. Maybe it was one of those rare "cloak failure" events that happen sometimes and you were able to steal my fuel. Strange, I have no idea what caused that.
Sounds to me like you almost give the answer yourself! If the starbase also have FC mkt and order to force surrender then the ship surrender. That is why one should always be very carefull when using FC mkt. That counts for the planet owner as well. Some players set there starbases to FC mkt and force surrender and complain they have bad luck players newer hit there mines, I wonder why.

FC EEE is the worst FC a privater ship can have, if the FC mkt do not "pay off" then try that one.
before surrendering i ROBBED him ! so he must been decloaked.
join the mobile infantry

Captain Blood

Post#64 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:43 pm

Have to be a cloak failure or the ship forgot to cloak in that case. It was just that you was a little vague on that point. Perhaps hoping for another ship with FC mkt. :)
Regards,

Captain Blood

ssavage

Post#65 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:19 am

Aw that was too bad - I really want to see Danno tow a Privateer ship off the SB. He was supposed to show us a few months ago but hasn't been able to do that yet. We both want to see this magic miracle and true demonstration of VGA Planet skill.

Please Danno send another cloaker in and please show us =D>

Dano Killer

Post#66 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Wrong again flypaper, you and your buddy the Privateers were discussing how hard it be to take a Privateer HW planet and Capital SHip. I said it could be done.

The way I would do it is to fill up 5 or 6 Golems, attack the planet, kill all ships with fuel and the SB. I'd guess I'll lose two Golems. Privateer ships with no fuel would fill up on a Golem which means on the next turn the remaining Golems would kill ships with fuel. I'd set my Golems to intercept privateer ships. The only option would be to stay and fight or try to leave the planet without hitting my minefields. 5 or 6 full Golems could do the job just fine but after I'm done with the Crystals I'll have 10, 15 or 20 for each battle.

I'm building 1 or 2 Tech 10 everything Golems per turn so its only a matter of time and numbers. So far so good. =D>
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Kassengestell

Post#67 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:00 am

hey mr. crystall - PLEASE give him free way to my homeworld !!! 8)

just for your info - unfortunately i have nothing to do with the end of this game - so i can say this: i have CLOAKED robspace at my homeworld for 9 fully loaded golems.

so you are welcome !! ;)
join the mobile infantry

ssavage

Post#68 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:20 pm

I'm so tempted to let Danno bring his fleet to your homeworld :D - he would get an education!

I personally visited the Privateer homeworld and I can confirm that he has enough ships at that location to rob at least 9 Gollems. I'm the only player left in the game that can actually take him out. Because I have a Loki and Mr. Privateer knows it.

But Danno can't bring 9 or more Golems to your homeworld - his ships are spread all over the map. He has over 30 Golems right now and most of them are hemorrhaging (bleeding) fuel sitting in my web mines. Both Danno and I control 1/2 of the map - which is quite large and our fleets are spread from east to west. Red and Pink minefield circles everywhere LOL.

But Danno can't move an inch into my space - he's been trying hard for several months now. Not getting anywhere. In the meantime I'm continuing to increase my ship count. I needed a Golum of my own which I now have - so this is going to make this easier going forward. Danno even threw in another Instrumenality with 80 fighters on board recently as a gift. He's a really swell guy that way.

And let's not forget the USS Princess - Danno's Golem that is stuck inside 4 web mines - he's been stuck for 2 months now LOL - a testiment to his fuel reserves but he can't move that ship an inch =D>. That will become my 2nd Golem. I've got leads on 3 more. It's going to cost me millions to stock the damn things with fighters though :( but in the end it will be worth it.

ssavage
Crystal Commander

ssavage

Post#69 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Uh Oh - more bad news for Danno..... :cry:

(-w9029)<<< Scanner Report >>>
Big Hurt 29
Ship ID# 29
is out of fuel and energy.
They can no longer attack us.

Looks like the USS Princess finally ran out of fuel. Took a good 2 months but the result was inevitable. Hey she finally made it back to that planet though. Now let's see what kind of beams she's got. Remember Danno I'm going to send your ships back to you if I find that they don't conform to my high standards. When i send them back they will be set on kill! :D

So now what should I do with the USS Buttercup (captured earlier) and now the USS Princess? I think we'll go on a killing spree. Sounds like fun. Shooting ships stuck in my web mines. Sooo many targets though.... =D>

ssavage

Post#70 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:17 pm

ok Danno hold up please - really I can't process all of the ships you want to surrender to me at once. I'm working as fast as I can but the sheer volume of ships that want to surrender is beyond my expectations. Can you please tell the captain of this Golem to hold off for a turn or two. I'll get a tow ship to him as quickly as I can.

(-w9162)<<< Scanner Report >>>
BASESHIP ROYAL 162
Ship ID# 162
is out of fuel and energy.
They can no longer attack us.

In the meantime I've taken possession of the USS Princess (see below). Nice job Danno - I like the Tech 10 beams on her. That is much more like it. I'm going to team her up with the USS Buttercup and send her back towards your space.

(-s0318)<<< Boarding Party! >>>
We have boarded and captured the ship:
Big Hurt 29 ID # 29
0 of the enemy have joined our ranks.

I jettisoned all of your ship crew into space - they are now flying toasters in space. Maybe you can get a TV pilot made about their voyage through space :). Now I have to see about getting another tow ship over to that other golem. 27 golems left in your fleet Danno - but at this pace the game will be over soon enough. =D>

Logain

Post#71 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:22 am

Man,

I wish you'd put half as much effort into your SFB4 turns as you do in writing this drivel...

Logain #-o

casebolt

Post#72 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:55 am

Looks like Ssavage and Kassengestly will catch him on turn 400 is all goes good for them. #-o

ssavage

Post#73 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Wow who would have thought Danno had 2 sisters? Welcome to the thread ladies.

And yes it must be tough to watch your brother being schooled in this game. It truly is an epic battle between the two strongest minefield races. Robot's score on this site is completely artificial because he just stocks fighters on all of his ships and starbases - plus his ships have bigger mass than mine. But I have 188 ships to his 110? and my fleet grows every turn.

The reality is that he hasn't been able to make any inroads into my space. I've had challenges driving through his space too given the minefields he keeps laying and I keep sweeping. But at least I'm moving forward and not backward like the Robots.

Once I get a few more golems and start racking up the tonnage in kills I think Danno will throw in the towel.

And ps SFB4 is a dead game - winners were determined 40 turns ago.

Dano Killer

Post#74 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:50 pm

As always the Flypaper is delusional about this game. I continue to push him back, take his space and he actually thinks he's performing at some kind of high level of skill. Its funny actually but yes dival just the same.

What is really happening in the game is that my fleets of Golems sweep his annoying webs to the side and push through. It takes a few turns but eventually the inevitable happens, I take the plant, establish a SB, transfer fuel to the SB and slice deeper into his space.

He's "strategy" is to lay webmines and desperately hope a ship runs out of fuel so he can maybe capture it. So far he's been successful in a very small but very acceptable scale. This is the risk we take in the game, however, at the cost of a couple of Golems and some very weak Cat's I have sliced through and captured approximately 10% of his space. Oh and built 15 more Golems.

Good news for me in the short term is that the Build queue is in my favor. I'll have 10 more Golems made over the next 15 turns. Get this, he thinks taking planets from a computer player is somehow bad strategy!! He also thinks making SBs in a game with SB Transfer active is a cheap ploy to collect points!!! Yes kiddies this guy really fancies himself a skilled player.

I humor him by sometimes replying to his drivel but the real proof is the game. Please excuse me while I slice through his space.... and so it goes..... :lol:
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

ssavage

Post#75 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:07 pm

=D> I want what you are drinking Danno. Please share.

Return to “Leaf On The Wind 6”