Robots Vs Crystals In An Epic Rumble

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Kassengestell

Re: Robots Vs Crystals In An Epic Rumble

Post#76 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:24 am

i HATE this fucking ion-storms !! why in the hell they must be in EVERY single game on this host !?

what you both don't accomplish - the ion-storm will do it... :evil:
join the mobile infantry

Dano Killer

Post#77 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:58 pm

I don't think it is just this host. It's pretty much a default setting.

I agree, these things have a way to screw up the best laid plans, however, it can also be an opportunity. I hate them too but managing the event can be fun too. I like the challenge but hate seeing them coming my way for sure.

I lost 2 ships to the Flypaper because they got pushed off the planet, you really didn't think the Flypaper had the skills to take my ships without help did ya? :mrgreen:
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Havok
Site Admin

Post#78 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:22 am

Kassengestell wrote:i HATE this fucking ion-storms !! why in the hell they must be in EVERY single game on this host !?

what you both don't accomplish - the ion-storm will do it... :evil:
The default setting for Ion Storms in VGA Planets 3.0 is 5 per game.

Normally I cut it back to 3 but sometimes I don't.
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#79 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:00 am

Silent Night type games does not have Ion storms.

Kassengestell

Post#80 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:18 pm

sorry guys for this inglorious end. but to be honest: i will not have anything to do with the outcome of this game. :(

and second point: my fun to play planets disappeared more and more over the last year.

i enjoyed playing with you and talked some trash !! :lol:

i wish you a happy fight !

perhaps we meet somewhere else in the cluster again.

bye
thomas
join the mobile infantry

ssavage

Post#81 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:55 pm

OK Thomas,

I can't deny that the past 60 turns must have sucked for you - you were boxed in and we're taking too long to do our ultimate invasion. However it was very unprofessional of you to suicide your key ship like that. You had 8 ships in my web mines with 5 of them out of fuel.

So now you end up helping Danno by throwing away the ships I would have captured. That can be construed as assisting the Robots to avoid me getting my hands on your 5 Meteors, 1 Golem and 1 Rush. Those ships would have helped me speed up the end of the game.

Havok what is your opinion on this matter? This site doesn't allow people to build junk ships (to stuff the que) - suiciding your key ship (and wiping out your race) to prevent an opponent from capturing 8 important ships should be considered similar dirty tactics.

Please advise

Havok
Site Admin

Post#82 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:57 pm

I think at this point, in this particular game, he can do what he wants... He stuck in and played this long while wedged between the two big empires... He's done. I get it. He can do whatever he wants with his ships.
Regards,
][avok

Captain Blood

Post#83 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:48 am

Naturally i can only guess about his reasons, but you might look at it as his way of saying that even open ended game are not supposed to last forever. Staying to turn 175 and then making sure, that neither of you benefits directly from his withdravel from the game i find reasonable and very honorable.

Looks like he had one last trick to show in this game, sending already dead ships out into the webs. :)
Regards,

Captain Blood

Kassengestell

Post#84 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:49 am

Captain Blood wrote:...

Looks like he had one last trick to show in this game, sending already dead ships out into the webs. :)
wow, this ships weren't dead! the ionstorm made them lost in space...

i could have chunneled them away 3 turns ago... but i have enough said about ion-storms! ;)

sry ssavage if you didn't like this. but be honest: without that storm you won't never get them...

bye
thomas
join the mobile infantry

FireAge

Post#85 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:39 am

To be honest. I think everyone would prefer blowing up their ships then to let them be captured. In fact I wish more players would do that when dropping out.

Captain Blood

Post#86 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:34 am

Yes, that would be the most reasonable solution in most cases. You would get little for free against a human player, so why should it be different if one are up against a human player who withdraw from game.

The computer player is not a very good adversary if you have a reasonable fleet yourself.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Dano Killer

Post#87 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:52 pm

As a player in the game separated from Privateer resources by geographic game luck, I appreciate him leaving the game and not giving an unfair advantage to either of the remaining two players by leaving those ships to the AI. Yea the crystals will grab planet resources I can't get to but never the less it was fair.

I appreciate him staying in the game so long, it must have been frustrating being caught between a rock and a hard place that long. It was nice knowing the crystals had to leave resources behind to watch over the Privateers but now those resources are free to engage so we'll see what happens now.

Even though the crystal wasn't able to cheaply capture ships from a dumb computer, he has gained a slight advantage by newly opened planets, new SBs and freedom to now engage ships into the battle and not worrying about the Privateers. It's all good.
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Kassengestell

Post#88 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:08 am

is it correct, that I am still getting rst-files ?
join the mobile infantry

Havok
Site Admin

Post#89 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:53 am

Kassengestell wrote:is it correct, that I am still getting rst-files ?
Not for this game you aren't. :cylon:
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Leaf On The Wind 6”