Happy New Year!

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Happy New Year!

Post#1 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:02 pm

I hope you all have a safe one out there.

We're just going for dinner with friends and coming home for a quiet night. I'm getting pretty boring in my old age...
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Logain

Re: Happy New Year!

Post#2 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:06 pm

Happy New Year! Got a 4 year-old grandson at home. Life is not boring, but it is exhausting. Be amazed if I make it to the New Year in a conscious state.

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:02 pm

I'm right there with you - our 4 year old granddaughter will be staying over with us Friday night. She's exhausting too, but she is a great joy in our lives.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had a great one!
Regards,
][avok

FireAge

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Happy new year all. I was feeling very old, having my first kid on december 30th. But seeing grandparents talking... I guess I am still a young man [emoji41]

Gilgamesh

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Your first child was born on the 30th? Congratulations!!!! I hope everyone is well, what a great new year's present.

Yes there are a few grandparents on here. All I can tell you is to cherish every day - they grow up faster than you can imagine, and you're left wondering where the time went.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Andor

Post#7 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:37 am

Congrats Fireage on the new arrival! I figure I'll be a grandpa within the next 5 years. I'm looking forward to it actually. Happy New Years everyone.

FireAge

Post#8 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:54 am

Thanks guys [emoji4]

Yes all is well with mother and child. But Gil, I think I know where the time went... to the echo cluster.

Maybe now I will find out why people submit their turns at 02:00.

Gilgamesh

Post#9 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:42 am

Yep - you will probably be up at that time - a lot. Say goodbye to sleep for a while.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Caligula

Post#10 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Happy new year for you all. And congrats to the birth of your child, Fireage. The birth of our twins nearly two years ago was the reason why I had to quit playing a very long time. ;-) And even now it's hard to find the necessary silence to submit a reasonable turn. But according to Gilgamesh it's worth every moment to hear the laughter of your children which cannot be compared to anything.

FireAge

Post#11 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Hmmm.... not even the humiliating defeat of your opponents and the exploding of Gorbies. We shall soon see :-)

FireAge

Post#12 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:56 am

I do know now at least that the crying seems to have preference over making turns... not in the least due to the threath of death by bludgeoning with a cake-roller from my significant other ;-)

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#13 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:41 am

happy new year to everyone.
Fireage, in a few years your turn submissions should return to normal :shock:

Gilgamesh

Post#14 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:44 am

Just in time for your second to be born, and it starts all over again....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Fexer

Post#15 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:14 am

Happy new year to all of our old folks (me including) dads, grandpas, to be dads!
VGAP became a game (island) for older people unable to cope with the MMRPG anymore! ;-)

][avok make sure you keep this site up at least for the next 20 to 30 years. We will still hang around here when we have been long gone into retirement! :static:

Isn't this exactly the reason why we love this slow game play, we can sneak in here and there a few minutes from our demanding lifes and are waiting eagerly for the next thrilling surprise on the echo cluster... :D

Return to “Scuttlebutt”