Trekkie games

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Nick Nefarious

Trekkie games

Post#1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:26 pm

Greetings to all in this my first post, I am coming back after like 8 years to the game and is a pleasure finding there are still some freaks like me around!

This suggestion have been most probably made, but I didn't find it in the forums so there it goes -probably- again: Ireally miss games excluding the non-star trek factions. A regular No Frills game looks to me perfect, as it also gives more space an time for a longer game. The idea is so basic that actually it strikes me I haven't seen it in the past in the different hosts I've played in....

Cheers!

Nick Nefarious

Logain

Re: Trekkie games

Post#2 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Nick N.

Welcome back. I recommend you look at the Star Fleet Battles and Alpha Quadrant scenarios. I'm playing in both at the moment and they are my favorites. Klauser totally rekindled my interest in the game with these scenario options.

If you like the Romulans, the Romulan player in AQ8 just had to drop. He's a very good player so you could jump in and have a decent set-up to get running with. We'd much rather have a humanoid in that role than some tin-can Space Lord playing it :D

Good hunting!

Logain

Nick Nefarious

Post#3 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Logain wrote:Nick N.

Welcome back. I recommend you look at the Star Fleet Battles and Alpha Quadrant scenarios. I'm playing in both at the moment and they are my favorites. Klauser totally rekindled my interest in the game with these scenario options.

If you like the Romulans, the Romulan player in AQ8 just had to drop. He's a very good player so you could jump in and have a decent set-up to get running with. We'd much rather have a humanoid in that role than some tin-can Space Lord playing it :D

Good hunting!

Logain
Thanks for the offer and the greetings, I'll pass on the first one by now because I remember the feeling of having multiple games at a time and I don't think I'll have time when they progress.... besides those new races are a mistery to me in the game, seems a heavily modded game...

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:44 am

Nick Nefarious wrote:Greetings to all in this my first post, I am coming back after like 8 years to the game and is a pleasure finding there are still some freaks like me around!

This suggestion have been most probably made, but I didn't find it in the forums so there it goes -probably- again: Ireally miss games excluding the non-star trek factions. A regular No Frills game looks to me perfect, as it also gives more space an time for a longer game. The idea is so basic that actually it strikes me I haven't seen it in the past in the different hosts I've played in....

Cheers!

Nick Nefarious
Welcome to the site Nick. A No Frills game is basically just a stock Tim game... The way the creator envisioned it so to speak. I normally throw an single add-on into those games called Teleport which makes some of the logistics of the game easier on the player. Other than that, it's bare bones VGA Planets.

We also do all kinds of other stuff to whether it be customer scenarios, PHost etc...

Again welcome back to the game.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”