Any way of finding out whether your turn is stale or not?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

JonnyDoH

Any way of finding out whether your turn is stale or not?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there was any way of finding out whether or not your turn was stale or not, other than receiving a message from CM after you sent it in. So far, I've been a little lucky, but the last turn for my Power Game 3 turned out to be stale (message from host said it was from a previous turn, which I can assure you was not :( ) and the host ran before I could correct it. I've had this issue before with other games, and the way I solved it was simply to process my turn again client side and then send it in, but I was wondering if there was a way to "test" the turn so I won't have to worry about this again?

Cheers,

J
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Any way of finding out whether your turn is stale or not?

Post#2 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:23 pm

The best thing to do would be to check the file and the time date stamp in Windows before you send it in.

Also if you read the stale turn response when it comes back, it will tell you that information as well. Also once you've sent your turn in, get rid of the file. You can always compile another one if you need to go back and make a change... after all you're probably not going to sweep the game folder until you get the next turn anyway.
Regards,
][avok

FireAge

Post#3 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:50 pm

You could use the un-trn.exe from PCC2 to see what your TRN does before you send it in. That's all I can think of.

JonnyDoH

Post#4 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:10 am

Thanks guys! I'll try those options... Good thing I wasn't planning on engaging any enemy ships that last turn...
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Return to “Intel”