New Alpha Quadrant?

Want a VGA Planets game with custom settings? Have an idea for a tournament? Post it here.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

dark monkey

Re: New Alpha Quadrant?

Post#16 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:22 am

I wouldn´t like a race that depends on a good ally
and can only sweep mines but has no ship to attack with.
But if thats wanted by some players I expect them to choose
the Maquis next time 8)

Logain

Post#17 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:23 am

Perhaps they should steal the plans to the Jem Hadar War Cruiser (SSD) which is a reasonably heavy 8 tube/8 beam ship with the obvious offensive threat??? #-o Combine that with the ability to stealthily sweep mines and everyone will have to watch out for the random Maquis strike force. If you can meet it force-on-force he will lose. If you don't keep sufficient forces in the area, he will grab a lot of real estate before you can respond :shock:

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#18 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:14 pm

If the idea is to have a medium race with guarilla tacktics, then giving the Maquis bigger ships is not the best option. With that in mind I would say you need to focus on enhancing the tactical side and with the limits of the race slot and keeping it Host compatible we need to look at ship features.

I like the SSD Jem Hadar idea. In AQ8 the Dominion did not do anything with these ships (From what I could see he did not build any) which is a pitty as this is a really great tactic. Combine that with the Maquis's B'Rell cloaker and you have some interresting oprions available without upsizing their shiplist.

Logain

Post#19 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:10 pm

Oh? He built a few. You just haven't seen them, yet 8)

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#20 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:47 am

I'll be waiting then. I guess you lend them all to Raven2 for a while? :)

Raven2

Post#21 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:33 pm

Jem-Hadar What Cruiser?
>>> Raven <<<

Logain

Post#22 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Not sure what your are implying... :^o I sacrificed a MBR to tow one back to the Dominion HW to put him down for the count (miscalculated the MBR fuel count by 1 KT fuel #-o ). It took out the rest of the Dominion HW cluster in short order. It's currently in open space a few hundred LY south of where your D'Kora was hanging out. Got to reload assault troops before it can continue. :wink:

Another one just finished a morale tour of the former Tholian territories. He's considering extending the tour to conduct some port visits in Maquis space.

Maybe more out there... Maybe not... The Dominion was nice about sharing ships. He got within a couple hundred LY of my HW before he mysteriously ran out of gas. Could have been a different game if he had brought some bigger gas tanks with him.

As far as me always allying with Raven2... I had already started discussing alliance options with another outstanding player in this game, but intel indicated the distances and intervening enemies (including yourself) were too great to make the alliance viable. I had a fight with the Tholian that started at turn 3 and the Dominion turned up on my other border about a dozen turns later. :shock: My first 50 turns in this game were NOT boring! =P~ I'm just glad MBRs are low tech and cheap to build.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#23 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:09 am

Fexer wrote:Is there a new Alpha Quadrant Game on the horizon.
I'm quite interested....
Could be if there's enough interested
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Game Suggestions”