New URL for High Command

Why not lay off the home team for a second and spend some time discussing the good and the bad that you've seen at other VGA Planets sites on the web?

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

High Command

New URL for High Command

Post#1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:26 am

Qapla!

Just to let you know: My provider has raised the fee for the webspace: +65%.
I'm not willing to accept that, so I did quit it.
From August-05 on, the URL http://www.high-command.net will not longer exist. This includes the mailadresses ( games@, feedback@, autotroll@).

[
For the first, I will move the sites to
h t t p : / / high-command.homepage.t-online. d e
and then deceide what to do. It will have a different look and not so many features, as this domain is limited to 5 pages. So you will get just the basics
As for the mailadress for turns: I will send a mail to the players and post it here in time.
]
July-13: Updated. See below

All this has NO INFLUENCE to the running games, even if maybe the site can not be reached for a few days, the hosting goes on.
Regards Matthias
Last edited by High Command on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:15 am, edited 6 times in total.

Gilgamesh

Re: New URL for High Command

Post#2 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:44 am

Sounds like a good move - I'm just glad to see you are back!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

High Command

Post#3 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:30 am

Hi,

thanks, Gil.

Till I moved to a new domain, the mail adress for personal things (feedback, comments, questions etc) is

hc_feedback@t-online.de

It is already active. The adress feedback@high-command.net will be supported and active till August-05.

July-08: Updated: See below

Regards Matthias
Last edited by High Command on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

High Command

Post#4 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:09 am

[
The mailadress for the turns will be:
hc_turns(at)t-online.de
This adress will start being active on July-25. From that day on, the now used mails for the TRNs (games@, autotroll@) will be forwarded to the new adress. From August-05, the old mailadresses of the .net domain will be switched off.
]
July-13: Updated. See below
Regards Matthias
Last edited by High Command on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Aleortu

Post#5 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:37 am

Hello Matt,
High Command wrote:
It will have a different look and not so many features, as this domain is limited to 5 pages. So you will get just the basics
Does it means the players page with the achievements and statistics will disappear?

If so, you can make a page with the list of players and some statistics like here at C.M.
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

High Command

Post#6 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:22 am

Hello,

currently I'm talking to my son about giving me some space at his homepage. This means, I could transfer everything "as is" to his domain.
This would also include 2 new mailadresses: one for the feedback and one for the turns.

Things look good at that point, but we haven't talked about that finally.

I'll keep you posted.

Matthias

High Command

Post#7 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:03 am

Qapla!

Ok, I took the chance, talked to my son and finally found a solution.

I will move my site withing the next days to the domain of the son.

The URL will be:
http://www.locrysound.com/high_command/high_command.htm

The adress for the turns will be:
hc_turns@locrysound.com
This mail adress is already active and can be used

The feedback adress will still be
hc_feedback@t-online.de

Matthias

High Command

Post#8 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:16 am

Hello,

on July-25, the primary mail adress for the TRNs has been switched to: hc_turns@locrysound.com

The older mail adress of high-command.net (autotroll@, games@) are still active, but forwarded to the locrysound adress.

The site high-command.net is not supported anymore. Now it's at

Maybe I have to modify a few more links, but in general it works.

Regards
Matthias

Gilgamesh

Post#9 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Looking at the site today, no games have been hosted since October. I'm hoping this is not the end for HC....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Aleortu

Post#10 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:52 pm

Me too, I was playing one of the active games at October.
Matt has not contact us, I hope we'll come back online soon.
Ale Ortu
from far away planet Argentina
My races are Birds and Colonials.

Gilgamesh

Post#11 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:48 pm

I was exchanging emails with him and he just went silent. I hope he's OK.

BTW - we all know you are going to play your NF143 turn, so there's no tactical advantage in waiting to submit your turn until the host is about to run. Let's all get to bed early tonight, eh? :wink:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

High Command

Post#12 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:34 am

Qapla!

So, what can I say after almost 5 months of silence. I apologize for all kinds of trouble and inconvenience you had or wrath you felt, for the time you spent playing your games which now seems useless because I stopped all things so fast.

Any verbose explanations can not change this, so I will not tell any of them.

After this long time, I don't know if there is any chance to bring up the host again and I will have to make up my mind what to do. Maybe I will do a poll and see if there is a chance and a need to carry on with High Commad?!

Drop me a line if you have any questions.

Regards

Matthias

Havok
Site Admin

Post#13 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:45 pm

High Command wrote:Qapla!

So, what can I say after almost 5 months of silence. I apologize for all kinds of trouble and inconvenience you had or wrath you felt, for the time you spent playing your games which now seems useless because I stopped all things so fast.

Any verbose explanations can not change this, so I will not tell any of them.

After this long time, I don't know if there is any chance to bring up the host again and I will have to make up my mind what to do. Maybe I will do a poll and see if there is a chance and a need to carry on with High Commad?!

Drop me a line if you have any questions.

Regards

Matthias
I checked your old domain name a while back and found a sports site. I hope you're ok and what's going on with High Command?
Regards,
][avok

High Command

Post#14 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:40 am

Qapla!

Looks like things have normalized, so I feel well now, thank you.

My ISP had increased the fee for the domain +65%, and I was not willing to pay that, so I moved HC to my sons site (which is under construction). HC can be found at

Currently the games that had been paused ar continuing and I'm looking forward to try and bring up a small number of new games.

The future of HC? Well, we'll see what happens. Even before the forced break there has been no rush of the players to join my games. I will wait and see if the new games are accepted and then think about what to do with HC.

Regards

Return to “Comments About Other VGA Planets Sites”