Master of Orion

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

albatross

Master of Orion

Post#1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:14 pm

Got to admit, there's two games I ever actually payed real coin for, the one that became part of my very existence and the one I used turn to when I needed to feel better after the cluster spewed me out again. That new version of the latter still may be nothing but a petty substitute, no challenge, no talk, no banter, no Rush! Yet, playing it is an occasional pleasure, love what the guys did to the idea.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Master of Orion

Post#2 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:30 pm

I looked at the new remake and almost picked it up on early access but then I heard it was meh....

It's certainly got to be better than the Master of Orion III that was put out years ago. That was total garbage.

The first one and especially 2 with the Antarian's was just outstanding.
Regards,
][avok

albatross

Post#3 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:29 pm

don't really know how many hours of rl i lost to moo1, then moo2.. plain and simple was just awesome, one of those you can always come back to, it never gets old. personally never finished a game in moo3, the idea to be cut off from micro management and be put into the pov of an actual emperor was so badly implemented that it, well, just sucked.
the prerelease of the remake wasn't a big deal, that's true. the current version looks more polished, not like a possible half-baked vessel for cutthroat dlcs, it feels more like a complete game trying to recapture a lost spirit. i'd wish to see that the devs stay with the idea and do not fold. hope some may know me well enough to see that this is no add, just some random words from an old gamer.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:06 am

Agree completely with Moo3... Just like Star Control 3. Complete pile of monkey crap.

I expected the new modern version of moo to be a little rough. However I thought they were leaning a little to hard on the star power and not putting as much into the game as I would have liked. I decided to hold off on it until it's released and been out for a bit. Then I'll take the plunge.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Scuttlebutt”