Circus Maximus API?

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

streu

Circus Maximus API?

Post#1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:46 am

Hi,

I'm working on a version of PCC2 with some kind of host integration. The idea is to get rid of the need to mess with game directories, manually setting up shiplists, etc. Basically, I want the thing to offer a menu with your accounts, and let you browse and play your games.

So far, I'm able to connect to PlanetsCentral or planets.nu, and download and view game data.

Is there any interest to do the same for Circus Maximus? Is there a web (or other) API to log in, find games, and up-/download files?

Screenshot:

Imagec2ng-ms0 by sr21de, auf Flickr

Program (very rough GUI): http://phost.de/~stefan/pcc2ng.html

--Stefan

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Circus Maximus API?

Post#2 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:28 am

There's nothing like that. Since I'm running on AutoTroll so all of the directorys are on the PC the troll is running on. The AutoTroll folder on the server side just has the pages for the games and players. Then AT does everything via email.
Regards,
][avok

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:11 am

We could always create a folder structure on the server that the can serve as such a thing.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:34 am

Hey if we can build something to move away from Autotroll and it's secure I'm down with it.
Regards,
][avok

streu

Post#5 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:44 am

Havok wrote:There's nothing like that. Since I'm running on AutoTroll so all of the directorys are on the PC the troll is running on. The AutoTroll folder on the server side just has the pages for the games and players. Then AT does everything via email.
I must admit I never played on Circus Maximus... Does this mean everything happens via email, and results cannot be downloaded? That would indeed make it impossible to integrate CM games within a GUI.

PS, I was just looking around what could been done with screen scraping (e.g. getting a game list), and noticed that http://www.circus-maximus.com/AutoTroll/games.htm (Games -> Game Index) gives me a blank document only.

--Stefan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:36 pm

streu wrote:
Havok wrote:There's nothing like that. Since I'm running on AutoTroll so all of the directorys are on the PC the troll is running on. The AutoTroll folder on the server side just has the pages for the games and players. Then AT does everything via email.
I must admit I never played on Circus Maximus... Does this mean everything happens via email, and results cannot be downloaded? That would indeed make it impossible to integrate CM games within a GUI.

PS, I was just looking around what could been done with screen scraping (e.g. getting a game list), and noticed that http://www.circus-maximus.com/AutoTroll/games.htm (Games -> Game Index) gives me a blank document only.

--Stefan
Yes AutoTroll does everything by email. It's antiquated and hasn't really been developed since 1999 or so outside of a couple of small patches.

As for the blank page, that's a failing of AT as well. It's fixed now.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”