New Games for the Fall

Current News and Events in our VGA Planets community. Debate issues of local, national, or global significance with our enlightened denizens.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

April76

Re: New Games for the Fall

Post#31 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:51 pm

if possible it would be nice to not know who is playing or there is an opportunity to contact the player and start the communication so that the rules can be broken. think about how to hide the real nicknames of players in order to impede the possibility of communication.
I would have played the game with such settings

Cutter

Post#32 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:10 pm

That's a cool idea April76, a little creapy maybe, but cool. Hey }{avok, that one sounds neat. Xenophobia, and the players don't even know who the others are, until the end. I think it would be hard to hide the computer player, but who knows.

Gilgamesh

Post#33 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:15 pm

I'm not sure if that's possible but if it is - it would be a really interesting wrinkle.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

April76

Post#34 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:04 am

we play game like this on our local host and it's really interesting.
all you need to observe confidentiality when submitting applications to the game. this can be done if you apply directly to the email host or the host is not displayed on the page nickname (for example, replace it with the names of player1 player2 and so on) I understand that this differs from the usual pattern, but maybe this option will appeal to many and then the game with such settings I think you can organize

wasp

Post#35 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm

Very interesting idea. I'm in if things can get organized
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

Raven2

Post#36 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:40 pm

I like it.
Is in-game trash talk allowed using in-game messaging?
>>> Raven <<<

Captain Blood

Post#37 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:39 pm

I like the thought of not knowing the adversary, it might add some new to the game. Personally i would prefer no communication or cooperation allowed at all.

However in the end it should be known who played which position, including dropouts! I like to know who the backstabbers are. :)

I played other war games than vga with such a set up before, and sadly the cheating was rather obviously. Outside friends where cooperating faster than in game messages would even allow them and before they meet each other. [-X
Regards,

Captain Blood

Gilgamesh

Post#38 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:59 pm

There's always a way to beat this system - email a friend and agree to go into the same game with a secret alliance, etc. - but overall I think this would be a good setup provided everyone is honourable, and able to keep from trash-talking on the forum! I'm looking forward to this one.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Captain Blood

Post#39 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:35 pm

You are absolutely correct, I should have faith and stay positive.
Regards,

Captain Blood

April76

Post#40 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:52 pm

of course cheating is possible, it is therefore important culture of communication.
if you are a man you can trust, if you are able to negotiate the interest and the pleasure of fair play will be much higher than if you just win in the game using a secret Alliance.

in addition, at the end of the party you can always consider gaming a database of players and find out if there was any deception.

thus it is possible to make a dream team, the best of the best that play well and are sensible enough to fulfill the accepted agreement.

so I think that the chance to host this game there.
although it's not exactly something that happens all the time ))

Havok
Site Admin

Post#41 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:30 am

The problem is on my end. The box I use for setting up everything, doing the graphics, modding the pages, etc. is not working properly and I haven't had the time to break it down and rebuild it.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#42 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:43 am

No worries ][avok. Sounds like you've got a lot going on.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Scuttlebutt”