Problem Hulls

Hull Name_____TL__E__B__F__T_Crew_Mass_Fuel_Cargo_Cost_Tri_Dur_Mol
Topez GB_______3__1__4__-__-___20___65___60____15___60__27__12__25
NTopez GB______3__1__1__-__3___20___65___60____15___60__27__12__25

Turn this ship's weapons around.

Sky Garnet DD__5__2__7__-__1___80___90__120____30__110__43__32__25
NSky Garnet DD_5__2__7__-__1__160___90__120____30__110__43__32__25

Double the crew.

Topez still needs a large cargo. The Garnet is still not worth building with only 1 torp and a cargo of 30, it can't fight, there are better sweepers and it can't build torps on its own and lay worthwhile webs.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#17 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:53 pm

The only thing that the Topaz would be good for is to defend against Probes and Falcons. With only one engine, the Topaz can't tow/capture a ship that is out of fuel and with a crew of 20, I believe it would run the risk being captured. If you added another engine and more cargo, you would need to add more mass and crew.
Last edited by Cherek on Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#18 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:00 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Not only that, the Topaz can't tow/capture a ship that is out of fuel and with a crew of 20, I believe it would run the risk being captured. So it would be a another slot filler.

With only 1 engine its a moot point as the Topez can't to capture PERIOD. Thats another issue,
President Ronald Reagan

Rimstalker

Post#19 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:10 pm

why not make the topaz a carrier, a bit like the q-tanker?
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Cherek

Post#20 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:29 pm

Rimstalker wrote:why not make the topaz a carrier, a bit like the q-tanker?

Why would you want them to build a Q Tanker like ship? Tholians can't build fighter in space. What would be nice, is a ship with the ability that allows all races except the last 4 to build fighters in space.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#21 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:19 pm

Some people are insisting that the opal is a necessary ship. I don't make them as it is useless, you have to load the torps on it, it only builds 6 torps at a time, NOT very useful. But if you want it on a scout basis, fine keep it. But the Topez and Sky Garnet, need to be changed, as a Die hard Tholian player the last thing you need is a lot of 1 engine ships, or 2 engine LOW Crew count.
The Topez needs to have 2 engines more crew and and a cargo of at least 30, AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD THE THOLIANS HAVE A SHIP WITH 0 TORP TUBES. The Tholians need a ship that can attack planets, The Ruby and Emerald have other duties and I am not going into details, gives to much a way, the Diamond and Thunder are the Carrier and SB base Combo. NO ship in the fleet that a right minded Tholian would use to take out NON SB planets. In enters a newer Sky Garnet upped options Mass of 150, Cargo 60, 6beams,4Torps, fuel tank 220. I would still argue that for a Tech 10, 4 engine ship, the Thunder could do with about 20-30 more in cargo. Lots of Smaller lower tech ships with more cargo than that, 80 usually means one big carrier battle, hope you win, and have the money on hand to build a new SB in the Area, and build another 60 fighters for it.
President Ronald Reagan

Rimstalker

Post#22 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:31 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:

Why would you want them to build a Q Tanker like ship? Tholians can't build fighter in space. .

For restocking your Thunders.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

hennef

Post#23 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:47 am

Rimstalker wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:

Why would you want them to build a Q Tanker like ship? Tholians can't build fighter in space. .

For restocking your Thunders.

interesting idea, though i never played the crystals myself.

why do the crystals need another opal anyway? i always think the two small ships are like the br4 and the br5. you always go for the br5, but sometimes it has to be the br4 instead. well ok, the topaz is rubbish! ;) giving it one FB and 30 cargo could make it an interesting little thing.
have fun!

hennef

Shardin5

Post#24 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:32 am

Were it would be nice to have a ship that could build fighters, Tholians are still a torp Race, the Topez should have a TORP TUBE, no reason for any Tholian ship not to have at LEAST one Torp tube on them
President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Project 1: Fixing Tim's List”