Size Does Matter Shiplist

This is the shiplist that is going to be proportionally accurate, and only able to be run on PHOST.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Six_Of_One

Post#46 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:25 am

Ok, so i gather you are looking at running some games with these changed ship lists in the future.

Would you also consider runnign games with the ship experience addon,,, cant remember where it came from unfortunately

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#47 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:01 am

Six_Of_One wrote:The slow nature of the game will always be there, new players probably tend to be those into strategy games/thinkers rather than those into fps and other action games.

Most games nowadays have a book/guide to playing....... perhaps all thats needed for new players is a quick link to the race guides some players have written.

Its a quick game to learn, but a slow game to master........ and after reading some of the discussions concerning various races ship lists, i am concerned about losing the balance thats there.

True, anyone playing the game, even for the first time, is likely a strategy gamer. At least the ones who manage to finish their first game.

Hmmm... How about a front end with, not a link to any particular website (not even Tim's) but a link to a google search. That'll be going in. Yup.

Personally, I intend to hammer on this ship list until it is balanced AND there are no junk ships in anyone's fleet.

B A N E

Post#48 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:36 am

Yep, my preference is the original list due to having played this game
for so long against a wide variety of players and played all the races
multiple times and having won with every race and lost with some of them...

There are a few things I object to and that's the slot filler and various
other abuses of game limitations.

Beyond that, with a few exceptions, the game is surprisingly balanced.
There are the easy races to play:
CofM and Bots.
There are the hard races to play:
Empire and Fascist.
Then the rest vary based upon learning how to play them.

For me, the Size Matters list is more of a fun list.
The Fixing Tim's list is fix the problem hulls, don't overdo them and
remove slot fillers.

Funny thing is, even after either list is done, I'll play original.
I might play an altlist for a kick but I prefer original.

Good points though!

B A N E

Havok wrote:
Six_Of_One wrote:The slow nature of the game will always be there, new players probably tend to be those into strategy games/thinkers rather than those into fps and other action games.

Most games nowadays have a book/guide to playing....... perhaps all thats needed for new players is a quick link to the race guides some players have written.

Its a quick game to learn, but a slow game to master........ and after reading some of the discussions concerning various races ship lists, i am concerned about losing the balance thats there.

I don't. Nothing will ever replace Tim's shiplist unless Tim himself does so.

The projects you see before you are just that, and only certain players are going to uses the shiplist(s) that are coming out. :)
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Return to “Project 2: The Accurate List”