What is your favourite race and why?

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: What is your favorite race?

Federation
3%
Lizards
18%
Birdmen
21%
Fascists
9%
Privateers
6%
Cyborg
15%
Crystalline
12%
Evil Empire
No votes
Robotic Imperium
15%
Rebels
No votes
Total votes: 33

Cherek

Post#16 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:55 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:You wouldn't if they were comming your way...
They don't really scare me, since they have to arrive to where I'm at. :D
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Yo' momma weren't laughin'! 20 or so Heavy Phasers will make pretty short work of any Web Mine field, in case you've never seen it happen.
Only because she had very good self-control that stopped her from laughing at you to your face. So you put HPs on your Virgos. Tell me again, why I should worry about them?
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:You'll have your opportunity if you play Critical Mass.
Another time, I'm in seven games, now. That is two over my limit. Don't worry, Havok will have other games.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:I don't think you understand how it works...
I know how they make fuel. How much fuel can Cobol scoop up when it travels 2 lys out of 81 lys when it hits a WEB mine?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Rimstalker

Post#17 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:39 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Rimstalker wrote:Just give the darkwings a bigger fueltank, please!
Why? Their small fuel tanks and good fire power is why I like going against the little Birdies. The Resolutes are a little harder to capture with their 8 beams and big fuel tank.
So far in a 1 on 1 situation no Crystal has pushed me back when I was playing either Birdman or Privateer.

Once I even dominated a robot/crystal/lizard alliance with a bird/priv alliance (me being bird).

Just two simple things: Dont let the x-tals build up huge stockpiles of torps and have about 200 % sweep capacity of a max webfield.

Sweep - cloak - sweep - cloak, advance into warpwell, sweep - tow defending ships from orbit - sweep some more - kill planet - sweep - lay some mines of your own - sweep - cloak - sweep - cloak, advance into warpwell....
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Cherek

Post#18 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:33 pm

Rimstalker wrote:Just two simple things: Dont let the x-tals build up huge stockpiles of torps and have about 200 % sweep capacity of a max webfield.
Both of those "simple things" will stop the Tholians, but then again, I don't care what race you are (except maybe the Lizards and Privateer in a low resource/MC game) will stop just about any race.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

hennef

Post#19 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:46 pm

Rimstalker wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Rimstalker wrote:Just give the darkwings a bigger fueltank, please!
Why? Their small fuel tanks and good fire power is why I like going against the little Birdies. The Resolutes are a little harder to capture with their 8 beams and big fuel tank.
So far in a 1 on 1 situation no Crystal has pushed me back when I was playing either Birdman or Privateer.

Once I even dominated a robot/crystal/lizard alliance with a bird/priv alliance (me being bird).

Just two simple things: Dont let the x-tals build up huge stockpiles of torps and have about 200 % sweep capacity of a max webfield.

Sweep - cloak - sweep - cloak, advance into warpwell, sweep - tow defending ships from orbit - sweep some more - kill planet - sweep - lay some mines of your own - sweep - cloak - sweep - cloak, advance into warpwell....
yep! like that :P
have fun!

hennef

hennef

Post#20 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:57 pm

i thinik this question is VERY COMPLEX:

- robots in any "maybe i have time for one more game :-k " situation, because they are easy to play if you have not much time, they are more fun than CoM and rebel and they get scary auto-troll-values very fast :P

- fed, if engine-shield is 50%+! they have every possibility to get the strongest economy of all, refit their ships and can adopt to every enemy real good. they dominate with an ally that has big fighter-carriers ..... uh boy ;)

- priv whenever you have too much time! they are the most fun you can ever have in this game. nothing to lose all to win :D btw. the mbr IS the best ride in the whole galaxy \:D/

so i need to make three votes ..... i rolled a 5 on a d6 .... makes a 3 on a d3 ..... i vote for the privs! :shock: :)
have fun!

hennef

Proteus

Post#21 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:40 pm

1 ... Borg ..... B200
2 ... Empire .. PL21
3 ....Rebel .... Falcons

Shardin5

Post#22 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:52 am

I couldn't make up my mind.
So I will give my top 3

1.Tholians
2.Cylons
3.Lizards

I enjoy the Tholians, but I am really enjoying the Brute force of the Cylons the only fighter Race that fights my fighting style, and the down right Brute Gorilla force of the Gorn. The more I play the Gorn the more I think they will become my favorite race. Like the Fed's they have yo use combo's to fight the big ships, but the PBP's they win vs what they give up is amazing and they always have the money and Minerals to make as many new ships as they want. Nothing finer than taking a Fully built SB with just a Clan drop, and then watching it attack the former owner. Right Static, its a lot of fun isn't it, I have never worked so hard to keep moving Clans in large amounts to the front lines.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Quasimodoh!

Post#23 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:37 am

Every time I end up playing a new race I find out all the good things about them. When I first started it was the EE putrely because I thought the Gorbi was soo great I had to have them.

The I got the Colony bug and thought I can't lose, Virgos, patriots and Cobols, job done.

Crystals, great until a Robot wiped the floor with me

Then Robots, Golems, mmmmmm. Seems to be a bit of a theme here, big carriers are best!.

But in the tournament Beta level I got the birds, so I dug out all the Bird strategy guides and started with them and now I'm hooked.
Cloakers that can go trough ion storms, Loki's can't decloak them, Resolutes and DW's, What more can you ask for (until i try the lizards/Borg/fed.........) :D

Quasimodoh
Not the Romulans, anyone but the Romulans!

Logain

Birds!

Post#24 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:05 am

I prefer the Birds. Fits my style of combat. Got to push the economy hard early though or you're toast (which is true for any race). Got to be prepared to take the losses when you face the Carrier races though.

Gilgamesh

Post#25 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:51 pm

Nothing more fun then pillaging some poor petaQ for 10,000 mc!

Klingons every time (although I have a few more races I want to play to better know my enemy).

Cheers

Gilgamesh
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

VilleK

Post#26 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:49 am

Gorns/Lizards.

Ground attack is way too sweet :D Most players just forget to stack their SB-planets with colonists and ground attacking is the forgotten art of war in most games.

Also Maddonzilla/T-Rex comboes are more than enough to defeat most carrier races, especially with 200% mining you'll get your fleet up faster than anyone else.

Catman

Post#27 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:27 pm

Crystals/Robots

Simple: MINEFIELDS!! Protect yourself easily while building your economy.
All I will say here...see other reasons why in the games :wink:

Catman

Hawkeye

Post#28 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:10 pm

Funny thing about this is, about 6 months ago I would have gone with the Robots, and about 6 months before that, the Privs. But for today, it's the Birdmen that will get my vote.

Reason = The Darkwing Class Battleship.

Gilgamesh

Post#29 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:33 pm

Very surprising that nobody has voted for the Feds in all this time, which would be my # 2 race, and sad that nobody else has voted for the Klingons.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

warpedboard

Post#30 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:02 pm

Klingons seem to be one of the more underappreciated races; playing them well & giving them a chance to win requires (at least in my thinking) a broader style of play than most other races (Lizards build fast, Privs steal, Borg steamroller, etc). As for the Feds, maybe their special abilities / fleet aren't as flashy as some of the other races? Can't say that I've played them much either... I've become a fan of cloaking races more than "big ship" races.

Return to “Intel”