Here's a question - How often do you ...

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Klauser
Posts: 991

Here's a question - How often do you ...

Post#1 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:16 pm

... access the CM forums?

I usually get on once, sometimes twice a day. Some of you folks seem to be on constantly. I'd love to do that, but RL keeps me rather occupied.

Inquirin' minds just gotta know ;)
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: Here's a question - How often do you ...

Post#2 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:21 pm

Klauser wrote:... access the CM forums?

I usually get on once, sometimes twice a day. Some of you folks seem to be on constantly. I'd love to do that, but RL keeps me rather occupied.

Inquirin' minds just gotta know ;)


When I'm at work, I monitor the forums almost constantly from my laptop.

From home it's sparadic, especally on my days off. Best time to catch me on is at night... then I'm usually hoovering over it like a vampire until the wee hours of the morning.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440

Post#3 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm

I usually browse a couple of times a day. At night after work I've just got it on and check the "view posts since last visit" link a few times during the evening. This is between doing the obligatory fatherly duties that 2 kids under 5, a wife and 3 dogs requires.
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440

Post#4 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:07 pm

][avok does the chat page operate at any time? I've checked it heaps but it doesn't seem to be functional. I reckon it would be cool to have live chat, some of the trash talk is quite amusing. It could work if there were set times when several people could be on at once.

Do you think there would be enough interest in it?
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Re: Here's a question - How often do you ...

Post#5 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:28 pm

Havok wrote:
Klauser wrote:... access the CM forums?

I usually get on once, sometimes twice a day. Some of you folks seem to be on constantly. I'd love to do that, but RL keeps me rather occupied.

Inquirin' minds just gotta know ;)


When I'm at work, I monitor the forums almost constantly from my laptop.

From home it's sparadic, especally on my days off. Best time to catch me on is at night... then I'm usually hoovering over it like a vampire until the wee hours of the morning.

I think its a crock that you can take in your own personal laptop to work.
How is your boss supposed to know if you are working or not. I will have to email your boss about this issue. :twisted: :P :twisted: :P
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#6 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:37 pm

FLETCH wrote:][avok does the chat page operate at any time? I've checked it heaps but it doesn't seem to be functional. I reckon it would be cool to have live chat, some of the trash talk is quite amusing. It could work if there were set times when several people could be on at once.

Do you think there would be enough interest in it?


The Chat always works. It's a java applet. So you have to have Java installed.

It's a pretty weak little program. I would like to have a bigger chat room available on the next version of the site. Maybe something that tied into the VGAP IRC.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: Here's a question - How often do you ...

Post#7 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:39 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:
Havok wrote:
Klauser wrote:... access the CM forums?

I usually get on once, sometimes twice a day. Some of you folks seem to be on constantly. I'd love to do that, but RL keeps me rather occupied.

Inquirin' minds just gotta know ;)


When I'm at work, I monitor the forums almost constantly from my laptop.

From home it's sparadic, especally on my days off. Best time to catch me on is at night... then I'm usually hoovering over it like a vampire until the wee hours of the morning.

I think its a crock that you can take in your own personal laptop to work.
How is your boss supposed to know if you are working or not. I will have to email your boss about this issue. :twisted: :P :twisted: :P


Not for long... Some World of Warcraft loser just ruined it for everyone.

Good thing I have my PDA phone. Will have to put IM+ on there so I can chat on all my channels :)
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
Trillian
Posts: 410
Contact:

Re: Here's a question - How often do you ...

Post#8 » Thu May 04, 2006 10:16 pm

Klauser wrote:... access the CM forums?

I usually get on once, sometimes twice a day. Some of you folks seem to be on constantly. I'd love to do that, but RL keeps me rather occupied.

Inquirin' minds just gotta know ;)



I used to check the forums every few hours between household tasks. But since the move to land I am more active and have to make an effort to check the forums once during the day and once in the evening if Zap's not hogging the computer. :wink:
Trillian

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#9 » Thu May 04, 2006 10:55 pm

If I am lucky, I check once a day. :P :twisted: :P :twisted:
I check at least once a day or when I get a email about an update. Unless I am on the road.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#10 » Fri May 05, 2006 12:21 pm

good damn it!!! i can finally reply again. :)))

...... i think i check several times per day unless i have "important" things to do ;)

getting up - booting - checking - university (sometimes ;) ) - meeting friends and stuff - checking - listening to music - fooding and stuff - eating sun - checking - sleeping - checking during sleep :P - sleeping - meeting friends? - sleeping - sleeping 8)


cheerio
have fun!

hennef

User avatar
Trillian
Posts: 410
Contact:

Post#11 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:00 pm

hennef wrote:good damn it!!! i can finally reply again. :)))

...... i think i check several times per day unless i have "important" things to do ;)

getting up - drinking - booting - drinking - checking- drinking - university (sometimes ;) ) - drinking - meeting friends and stuff -drinking - checking - drinking - listening to music - drinking- fooding and stuff - drinking - eating sun - drinking - checking -drinking - sleeping - drinking - checking during sleep :P - sleeping - meeting friends? - sleeping - sleeping - drinking8)


cheerio


:P
Trillian

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#12 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:07 pm

I check in a number of times.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#13 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:20 pm

I don't read or post in the forums at C-M.

If you believe that, I'm sure I can find land in south Florida or a very big bridge in California to sell you.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
FLETCH
Posts: 1440

Post#14 » Fri May 05, 2006 7:18 pm

Cool what price you askin'

:P :lol:
FLETCH


667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

User avatar
Kid Khan
Posts: 185
Contact:

Post#15 » Fri May 05, 2006 7:21 pm

I'm coming by several times a day, when it gets boring at work or when the anger about people not sending their turns in grows too big. But I'm only logging on, when I got something to say.... cough... when I FEEL like having something to say actually.

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron