Any news?

This forum is for discussion of the open source Java VGA Planets Client (JVC) software by Lars Dam.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
the.Ant
Posts: 283

Any news?

Post#1 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Just wondering, is there any news on JVC? Last version I tried looked very promising, EXCEPT that the colours in the menu did not work, which made it too much of a hassle to use... so I'm back to my old build. But I really liked the new functions, so I was wondering if there are any new build around for testing...

Sadly, still can't code myself, but I'm an eager bughunter :)

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#2 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:12 pm

Sadly, I don't think we'll see something until after Sep. I'm also moving house after some renovations, so things are a bit hectic right now.

But don't worry. The colors is my first priority as I also miss them allot!

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#3 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:32 pm

Anyone heard from Lars? I tried contact him before I built the games but never got a reply.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#4 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 am

go to hear you are still on this project - BIG UP!
have fun!

hennef

ldam
Posts: 21

Post#5 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:40 am

Rumour has it that lars just joined a new game. Will it be the revival of JVC?

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#6 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:56 am

Welcome back and Enjoy the Privateers.

Let me know if I need to send you the fix so that the latest code run on Java1.6 (Still have not tried again to get ssh to work on SourceForge

ldam
Posts: 21

Post#7 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:13 am

BitMask wrote:Welcome back and Enjoy the Privateers.

Let me know if I need to send you the fix so that the latest code run on Java1.6 (Still have not tried again to get ssh to work on SourceForge
If it isthe problem with the classloader, then i have got it (though not submitted it to SF yet).

I DO plan to make some minor fixes, like coloring in 1.6, ctrl-f9/minesweep simulation.

But first i need to fix the biggest problem: some standard way of making a new release...
This is the hurdle to get things rolling - what's the use of making a fix on SF, if it is not easy to roll it out?

kr. ld

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#8 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:29 am

So don't use SF, use your JVC site.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#9 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:53 am

ldam wrote: If it isthe problem with the classloader, then i have got it (though not submitted it to SF yet).
That is it, yes.

ldam wrote: I DO plan to make some minor fixes, like coloring in 1.6, ctrl-f9/minesweep simulation.

But first i need to fix the biggest problem: some standard way of making a new release...
This is the hurdle to get things rolling - what's the use of making a fix on SF, if it is not easy to roll it out?
All those fixes would be welcome. If I was more of a Java guy and not a .Net guy I might have had a few new features in by now, but :oops:

Return to “Project 5: Open Source Java VGA Planets Client”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron