The X-files + extreme personalities = Fringe

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

PaladinCyborg

The X-files + extreme personalities = Fringe

Post#1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:06 pm

For those who like bizarre Sci-fi, there's a new show on this season called" Fringe". The alien threat has been replaced by the threat of cold war fringe science in the wrong hands.

One of the extreme personalities making the show fresh is the character, Walter Bishop. Walter has been taken out of an asylum, where I guess he'd received too much electro-shock therapy, to solve fringe science crimes. His mind is fragmented and he has some really good lines.
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Wintermute

Post#2 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:43 pm

I agree that is pretty much X-Files with new personallities and as an XFiles fan I was excited but now i'm just luke warm. It is good enough that I continue to watch but not good enough to waste my drive space on DVR'ing in HD (this one is relegated to analog). I liked Lance Reddick in "The Wire" and it is nice to see him in some role but I'm not sure he fits the Fringe.

For those stateside who have missed some episodes, FOX has them for streaming on thier website.

Shardin5

Post#3 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:12 pm

I have been waiting to get started watching this one. I am DVR'ing in HD, but will wait for about 6 shows and then watch them in a row, to see if I like it or not.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”