Another Randmax question....

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Gilgamesh

Another Randmax question....

Post#1 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:30 pm

I'm simming a game to get familiar with Randmax - again.....

I have a setup for planet 169 as follows...

169 f15 m20 d15 f50 m100 d21 f100 m100 d50 n a

AFAIK this should build 15 factories, then 20 mines, then 15 defence, then start building 50 factories, right?

If so - how come this turn I have 16 factories and 17 mines, no defence?

I really want to get this nailed down, and I still don't know how to set up the ini through Echoview, but with the games being paused it seemed like a good time to have at it again....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#2 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Apparently Klingon's don't do Randmax... :pointlaugh:
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Re: Another Randmax question....

Post#3 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Is "169 f15 m20 d15 f50 m100 d21 f100 m100 d50 n a" from the Randmax.ini or what you manually entered?
Gilgamesh wrote:I really want to get this nailed down, and I still don't know how to set up the ini through Echoview, but with the games being paused it seemed like a good time to have at it again....
In EchoView, under Options >> Utilities click on RandMax to see your default setting for all of your planets. Once you close that dialog box, open the Planet Dialog box on any planet and under the FCode you should see the RandMax button which will allow you to set the settings each planet.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#4 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:35 pm

Havok wrote:Apparently Klingon's don't do Randmax... :pointlaugh:
We just beat the planet with pain sticks until it does what we want....

Cherek - the 169 line was one I entered as a variaton from the 000 default settings.

Thanks for the tips on Echoview - I'm looking at it.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#5 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:38 pm

Uh-oh - now that I've played around with the randmax settings in a test game, I can't open Echoview at all......
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Cherek

Post#6 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Uh-oh - now that I've played around with the randmax settings in a test game, I can't open Echoview at all......
?????

Where were you " played around with the randmax settings in a test game", in Echoview, Echoview.ini, RandMax.ini?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Gilgamesh

Post#7 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Echoview and Randmax.ini. Bet I screwed something up, didn't I....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Post#8 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:36 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Echoview and Randmax.ini. Bet I screwed something up, didn't I....
You used the pain sticks on your computer didn't you?
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#9 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Try renaming the RandMAx.ini to something else and see if EchoView opens up. See if EchoView now opens up, if it does, create a new RandMax.ini file.

Did you using RandGen to create your RandMAx.ini or did you use notepad to create it?

BTW, once you start using EchoView, you shouldn't need to edit the RandMax.ini file manually.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#10 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:34 am

Just my 2c worth.

This is more related to JVC's autobuild than Randmax, but RM might behave the same??

When you set f15 m20 d15 fmax , it will try and build 15 factories, then 20 mines. Say it could build 15 factories and only 2 mines. If there are then only 4 supplies left, it would then build 1 more factory under the fmax section, skipping the d15 section. I don't know if this is applicable to your situation here.

Cherek

Post#11 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:53 am

BitMask wrote:Just my 2c worth.

This is more related to JVC's autobuild than Randmax, but RM might behave the same??

When you set f15 m20 d15 fmax , it will try and build 15 factories, then 20 mines. Say it could build 15 factories and only 2 mines. If there are then only 4 supplies left, it would then build 1 more factory under the fmax section, skipping the d15 section. I don't know if this is applicable to your situation here.
That is possible. I have RandMax as f15 m20 d15 and I don't change the build until the f15, m20 and d15 have been built and then change it depending on the planet itself.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#12 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:06 am

Now I have question, if you have the mines set mMAX, does it continue to build mines even if the minerals are nearly depleted or gone?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#13 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:59 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Now I have question, if you have the mines set mMAX, does it continue to build mines even if the minerals are nearly depleted or gone?
In JVC the answer is: Yes, it keeps on building.

Gilgamesh

Post#14 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:53 pm

OK - you have to do a maketurn to apply the Randmax changes, right?

I was thinking nothing was working..... :?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Shardin5

Post#15 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:43 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:OK - you have to do a maketurn to apply the Randmax changes, right?

I was thinking nothing was working..... :?
One thing I have noticed, is make sure you run Randmax, AFTER you do all your ship commands are done.
Also, check your echoview directory, and look for repair, this will fix your game database. I have had the problem in the past, with games crashing, it repairs it without having to start from scratch with a game.bvg
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Ask Cherek”