any ps3 gamers around here?

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Post#16 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:49 am

never a better time!

FLETCH

Post#17 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:17 am

OK lets get this over with....

Yes Bitmask, your team kicked our collective asses, and rightly so, we sucked! :buttkick:

That is not to take it away from you guys. You have put together a very good team and deserved the win. Duminy will make it hard for you guys to find room for Prince when he returns. I hope we can make a competition of it when we tour SA in a couple of months.

As for Fallout 3. It runs on the same engine that the Elder Scrolls games run on (Oblivion etc) only not on as grand a scale. Nice and easy game mechanics. I liked it very much. Lots of scope to be good or bad depending on player preference, and the option to follow the main plot or go off on your own merry way is always a winner for me. I rate it quite highly.

As for the Wii, I think it must be played in it's own context. By this I mean it is really good for me as I have two young kids, and as has been mentioned, it is easy for them to play along (my youngest is only 3). Having said that, it still has some attraction for adults as well, particularly those with a bit of a competitive streak. Not to mention how funny it is to watch your friends make fools of themselves trying to spin 4 hula hoops, and catch a fifth, all after having had several alcoholic beverages... :D My wife is keen on Wii Fit right now and even though it may wear off over time, she is happy to use it's current attraction to motivate her. As it is right now it will never replace the XBox 360 or the PS3 for hard core gamers, but it has definately found it's own market.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

hennef

Post#18 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:13 pm

FLETCH wrote:OK lets get this over with....

As for Fallout 3. It runs on the same engine that the Elder Scrolls games run on (Oblivion etc) only not on as grand a scale. Nice and easy game mechanics. I liked it very much. Lots of scope to be good or bad depending on player preference, and the option to follow the main plot or go off on your own merry way is always a winner for me. I rate it quite highly.

I second that, though I have no idea about that "scale" thing you are referring to. I play it on the PC of course. That is where games are meant to be played. With a mouse and a keyboard! :D

But I also still have to finish the game. I tend to scout out every inch of the playground in such free games and it takes quite some time, even with the very good fast travel system.

Cheers!
have fun!

hennef

FLETCH

Post#19 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:43 pm

By scale I meant that it doesn't cover as much area as the Elder Scrolls games. Oblivion covers an entire continent and beyond, Fallout 3 only covers the Washington DC Wasteland and immediate surrounds. This keeps things relatively compact.

Oh and yes, thank the powers that be for fast travel.....
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Return to “Technology & Games”