BSG

This is a forum for us Sci-Fi geeks to discuss all things Sci-Fi related. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Klauser

Post#31 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:59 am

Understood.

I think it just boils down to a matter of interpretation and taste. Many people who's opinion I respect (including our illustrious host) seem to have liked the ending. As evidenced by the amount of verbage I've expended above, I had problems with it.

Different strokes ...
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Akalabeth

Post#32 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:27 am

Klauser wrote:Understood.

I think it just boils down to a matter of interpretation and taste. Many people who's opinion I respect (including our illustrious host) seem to have liked the ending. As evidenced by the amount of verbage I've expended above, I had problems with it.

Different strokes ...
You're not alone on either this forum or any other I'm sure. A lot of people complain about the religious aspects for example, despite having apparently forgotten that religion was integral to the show from day one.

All I know is that BSG is a science fiction show which had a wider appeal than most sci fi and that alone is a good thing in my opinion. It's cool when you pick up some DVDs at HMV and some punkass type guy with a mohawk and his working buddy say "I don't normally watch this type of show, but my buddy showed me and now I'm hooked". Our media has far too little sci fi as it is for my tastes, which is one of the reasons I appreciate anime (and the many scifi stories therein).

Klauser

Post#33 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:12 pm

Akalabeth wrote:Our media has far too little sci fi as it is for my tastes, which is one of the reasons I appreciate anime (and the many scifi stories therein).
At least on this point we can agree - there is too little SciFi (or has it been changed to SyFy ...) in the media. That's one of the big reasons I followed BSG through-out the series. By the Great Maker, I gave Voyager and the third season of Enterprise (spits on floor) a chance, so I could hardly do less for BSG.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Return to “Sci-Fi Communicator”