Confusing Darksense

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Confusing Darksense

Post#1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Darksense probes are revealing interesting things going on. This is a No Allies game right? Or am I confused?
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

User avatar
casebolt
Posts: 1589

Post#2 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Allies is lost in translation for sure. :D

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#3 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 pm

No Allies is correct.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
casebolt
Posts: 1589

Post#4 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Could you have your NAP partner lay mines to protect you and still call it a No Alliance? :D

Caligula
Posts: 49

Post#5 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:47 am

That's indeed an interesting question. What is allowed and what is not allowed in a no allies game? Even a simple NAP can be seen as a weak alliance.

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#6 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:06 am

Caligula wrote:That's indeed an interesting question. What is allowed and what is not allowed in a no allies game? Even a simple NAP can be seen as a weak alliance.
Oh dear God - please not this question AGAIN.....

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#7 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:23 am

:lol: hehe :lol:
Where is that pocorn eating clip when you need it....

User avatar
Cardno
Posts: 3706
Contact:

Post#8 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:29 am

BitMask wrote::lol: hehe :lol:
Where is that pocorn eating clip when you need it....
Vodka would be a better remedy if this gets air time again.. :lol:

User avatar
Fexer
Posts: 143

Post#9 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 am

Caligula wrote:That's indeed an interesting question. What is allowed and what is not allowed in a no allies game? Even a simple NAP can be seen as a weak alliance.
I'm sorry Caligula I disagree with you. This topic is far from beeing interesting. It's a no-brainer.

Let me explain.

At the circus games are set up based on certain rules. This rules are technical outlines which define and influence a single games behavior.
The host config is the major part flanked by master config, starmap settings and so on.

In addition to this, there are certain features thrown in to enhance or restrict game mechanics (rules), called mods. These mods add certain technical functionality to the games and therefore modify the gaming rules. Which mods are used can be read on every game homepage.

So far so good - Rules are based on game mechanics and their technical modification!


@Shardin5: From this perspective I have to disagree with you as well.
We do NOT play a "no allies" Game! We play Che'ron, a game which is set up upon a certain game configuration which happens to use the technical feature (MOD) "No Allies".

And what does this mean? Have a look at the Mod description.

"No Allies
Publisher Description
Removes all alliances between players. This must be run in auxhost1."


And that is exactly the point. Stick to the facts. We have a perfectly designed game configuration set up by Havok, which in my opinion leaves no room for interpretation. The rules are as sure as eggs is eggs and all the rest is interpretation...

So if you are playing a "no allies" game, here you are, that's your interpretation. I'm playing a game based on clearly defined technical outlines, a game which upon various mods, uses the mod "No Allies".


Fexer


PS: Shardin5 let me give you one small tip, better seek out for a good "no allies game" ally, otherwise we will see you leave as soon as in NF73. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :wink:

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#10 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:32 am

...and so it begins










again.



cue weird vorlon musical notes.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#11 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Let me throw in my 2 cents.

Fexer you're touching on the literal sense of the No Allies addon. That addon is there to enforce my No Allies rule and remove alliance friendly codes should they be entered. It's ability is limited. However when I say no alliances on this game or any other this is what I mean.

In this game there are no alliances, there is no co-operation of any kind, no ship trades, no non-aggression pacts, no laying mine fields for your friends, etc. This is a war and there is only one winner. Fight to win.

This game runs until turn 100 and there are also some other options that can trigger an end game.
One player owns 67% (or more) of whole Echo Cluster Economy (Per Scoring Software)
One player owns 200 {40%} planets or more
One player's fleet (capital ships + freighters) exists of 200 ships {40%} or more (no queue stuffing)
There are less then 4 players playing active in the game
More than 50% of all players decide to end game

These are the conditions of this game that each player agreed to upon joining it. If it is brought to my attention that any players are found to be skirting the rules of this game or any other where a no-allies rule has been established, then I remove those players from said game.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
Fexer
Posts: 143

Post#12 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Havok wrote:Let me throw in my 2 cents.

Fexer you're touching on the literal sense of the No Allies addon. That addon is there to enforce my No Allies rule and remove alliance friendly codes should they be entered. It's ability is limited. However when I say no alliances on this game or any other this is what I mean.

In this game there are no alliances, there is no co-operation of any kind, no ship trades, no non-aggression pacts, no laying mine fields for your friends, etc. This is a war and there is only one winner. Fight to win.

......
These are the conditions of this game that each player agreed to upon joining it. If it is brought to my attention that any players are found to be skirting the rules of this game or any other where a no-allies rule has been established, those players will be removed from the game.

That's no problem with me Havok. If I have to play a game based on "soft rules" which leave plenty of space for grey zones, please remove me from this game. I've never read your conditions on the games Homepage, maybe I overlooked something?

Yes, I've layed a minefield on behalf of an other race, therefore feel free to kick me out!

I wish you good look detecting in game NAPs. I know there are a few...

Fexer

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#13 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Fexer wrote:
Havok wrote:Let me throw in my 2 cents.

Fexer you're touching on the literal sense of the No Allies addon. That addon is there to enforce my No Allies rule and remove alliance friendly codes should they be entered. It's ability is limited. However when I say no alliances on this game or any other this is what I mean.

In this game there are no alliances, there is no co-operation of any kind, no ship trades, no non-aggression pacts, no laying mine fields for your friends, etc. This is a war and there is only one winner. Fight to win.

......
These are the conditions of this game that each player agreed to upon joining it. If it is brought to my attention that any players are found to be skirting the rules of this game or any other where a no-allies rule has been established, those players will be removed from the game.

That's no problem with me Havok. If I have to play a game based on "soft rules" which leave plenty of space for grey zones, please remove me from this game. I've never read your conditions on the games Homepage, maybe I overlooked something?

Yes, I've layed a minefield on behalf of an other race, therefore feel free to kick me out!

I wish you good look detecting in game NAPs. I know there are a few...

Fexer
It's just honesty Fexer. Without your word what does any person have?

So... If there is anything going on in this game... Let's just say Web Mine Field #17 for example... You and your "soft ally" have one turn to remove it and get your ships headed home.
Regards,
][avok

Caligula
Posts: 49

Post#14 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Havok wrote:
Fexer wrote:
Havok wrote:Let me throw in my 2 cents.

Fexer you're touching on the literal sense of the No Allies addon. That addon is there to enforce my No Allies rule and remove alliance friendly codes should they be entered. It's ability is limited. However when I say no alliances on this game or any other this is what I mean.

In this game there are no alliances, there is no co-operation of any kind, no ship trades, no non-aggression pacts, no laying mine fields for your friends, etc. This is a war and there is only one winner. Fight to win.

......
These are the conditions of this game that each player agreed to upon joining it. If it is brought to my attention that any players are found to be skirting the rules of this game or any other where a no-allies rule has been established, those players will be removed from the game.

That's no problem with me Havok. If I have to play a game based on "soft rules" which leave plenty of space for grey zones, please remove me from this game. I've never read your conditions on the games Homepage, maybe I overlooked something?

Yes, I've layed a minefield on behalf of an other race, therefore feel free to kick me out!

I wish you good look detecting in game NAPs. I know there are a few...

Fexer
It's just honesty Fexer. Without your word what does any person have?

So... If there is anything going on in this game... Let's just say Web Mine Field #17 for example... You and your "soft ally" have one turn to remove it and get your ships headed home.
That's the reason why I asked what is allowed and what not. Havok's statement is the answer to my question ... and it's new to me, at least for me. Thank you for it. But what's definitly not true is that these rules were available in order to be agreed when joining the game.
Havok, there was really no hint to that question at all. I checked all the conditions again but I couldn't find anything to it.
Maybe deep in the forum posts this information is available. I was looking but the only thing I found was a "one ally" discussion in AQ6. There are people that find additional NAP's and trading ok.

I really believed a NAP is allowed in Che'ron. And so do other players as well as far as I know. Please forgive me my lack of knowledge.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#15 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:36 pm

If some information wasn't clear that would be my fault. When I say no allies it can be to literal, hence my last post stating my position. I'll make sure that's updated and posted shortly so that there are no "gray areas" in the future.
Last edited by Havok on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Messages From Old Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron