Having problems counting?

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Donovan

Having problems counting?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:25 am

It's an odd thing, this "one ally" rule.

In the Pit, I spy with my little eye, Federation ships flying happily through an ever increasing webminefield. In fact, the ships -freighters included- are flying to and from the planet that the webmine is centered around.

This is funny, because the Federation is allied to the Fascists, while the Crystals are probably still allied to the Rebels.

Now I get that people tend to look for help when they get their asses kicked, but in a one-ally game, this is getting a bit dodgy. :roll:

Anyone care to explain?

albatross

Post#2 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:35 am

All you need is the proper minefield code 8).

Shardin5

Post#3 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:02 pm

albatross wrote:All you need is the proper minefield code 8).
Not in the game, but I do have a question. Why would non allies, share minefield codes?
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

albatross

Post#4 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:56 pm

May somehow contradict to the one-ally rule, but it's a Jupiter game and an addon being popular is not equal to being balanced. Left aside the overpowered Colonies, the combined Col/Rob or Col/Crys abilities are far too strong in this manner. Really, games using Jupiter should be no-ally or just regular ones so others can team up against such combos.

Donovan

Post#5 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:18 am

albatross wrote:May somehow contradict to the one-ally rule, but it's a Jupiter game and an addon being popular is not equal to being balanced. Left aside the overpowered Colonies, the combined Col/Rob or Col/Crys abilities are far too strong in this manner. Really, games using Jupiter should be no-ally or just regular ones so others can team up against such combos.
Ehm, what?

You got kicked off of your homeworld and a mighty nice Avian planet in your homecluster by the Robots, without any Colonial help and certainly without any Ion storm control.

You've never even tried to combat the combined rob/col abilities, and you haven't even been attacked by combined abilities so far. There certainly has never been any cooperation between the crystals and the colonies in this game. In fact, the crystals (along with the rebels) were the first to be at war with the colonies.

So basically you're citing bullsh*t reasons to break the rules of the game you signed up for. :^o

That's just sad, I thought you were better than that.

albatross

Post#6 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:15 am

I'm surprised to see you lying, as the attack on the Fascist clusters are a combined effort. Besides that, covering Robot's ass for dozens of turns until he's ready to stomp out, directly results in the present situation - another surprise that you fail to see the big picture here. And I didn't say anything about Col/Crys in context of the present game.

Seems to me you're one of those guys who give a shit as long they have an advantage - who once pissed however are quick accusing others of breaking the rules. Fits pretty well.

Rimstalker

Post#7 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:04 am

come on alb, who are you bullshitting there?

Where and how did Donovan keep you from doing anything to me?

The one thing you ever did try against me was like three poppers, of which one hit my ships.

ALL you do is to build maxxed bases, with the optional defense satellites thrown in.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

albatross

Post#8 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Man.. we've been throu this already. Your development would have been another if I'd have been able to sweep your mines. And please don't come up with that Golem vs Vikk count again.. Fascists don't need such things to kick ass. If they do it fast that is - next time I won't hesitate.
Rimstalker wrote:The one thing you ever did try against me was like three poppers, of which one hit my ships.
Ok, you tell me (without your regular insults) what you do against a Robot who had half the game time to develope under a screen of unsweepable mines.

Yet both of you seem always to be pissed personally if I say that Jupiter is not belanced, which actually is the only thing I've been saying so far.

Rimstalker

Post#9 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:14 pm

I won't ever be in that situation against a neighboring Robot.

But speaking in Jupiter terms, for starters I would have been the first one to have Antimatter launchers and would have used them to lay waste to the next cluster.

I'm still waiting for an excuse from you why you didn't go for my homecluster. There was never any minefields between our clusters, and the Ion Storm came pretty late.

albatross

Post#10 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Rimstalker wrote:I'm still waiting for an excuse from you why you didn't go for my homecluster.
I hesitated.. that's unexcusable :(.

Donovan

Post#11 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:11 pm

albatross wrote:Ok, you tell me (without your regular insults) what you do against a Robot who had half the game time to develope under a screen of unsweepable mines.
Well I have to admit, that does make life hard. But then again, it does mean that half the game time you have not been facing unsweepable mines.

Been doing a lookback in echoview. I made the first storm in the center in turn 31. Had a nice time increasing her and keeping her somewhat steady until turn 40. That's when she got pushed out of the way by another storm, wich wasn't made by me. It appeared in turn 21 on the very west of the map, and made it's way to the Fascist presence in the center. In turn 40, it actually pushed my storm out of the way. In turn 48, it reached the first Fascist minefields / planets. And at turn 56, I strengthened the storm into dangerous.

I actually made a mistake there, as I first more or less weakened it (only one ship set to strengthen, and once influenced by Jupiter a storm will weaken on it's own). Had I not messed with the storm, it would probably have also grown into dangerous. Anyway, this storm has been messing with you ever since, but such is life.

The Robot homecluster didn't get it's first stormcover until turn 36. Kept the storm there until turn 50, then it got out of control and drifted off. It pancaked in turn 58, and has now disappeared. The current storm is there from natural causes.

So, after turn 30 or so life got hard on you. Before that, there was more than enough time to invade the Robot cluster. You would have ofcourse died in minefields and lost ships to the Viral Fields, but heck. Not impossible.

However, up until turn 30 you were apparently very busy firing long range missiles at the Privateers. I bet he didn't like that either, but I haven't seem him bitching about it here or breaking the game rules because he felt sorry for himself. In fact, before turn 30 the first MBR died in Robot minefields - he was invading space where you did not dare to go.
albatross wrote:Yet both of you seem always to be pissed personally if I say that Jupiter is not belanced, which actually is the only thing I've been saying so far.
No I am not pissed. I just pointed out that you were breaking the game's rules, and that you were using bogus arguments to do so.

I agree that there are balance issues with Jupiter, and that I (Colonies) am on the upside of that imbalance. Had you done a better job at diplomacy and/or of cooperating with your ally, your empire would probably be in a much better shape than it is now, and you would actually have a good chance of out-mining the Robots on your hometurf.
albatross wrote: I'm surprised to see you lying, as the attack on the Fascist clusters are a combined effort.
Not quite. They will be a combined effort, but so far it has been a Robotic invasion. It took me a while to fly all the way out here, and only showed up there a few turns ago. I have yet to attack anyone or anything. You were already losing the minelaying battle by the time my ships arrived, and hadn't attacked any of the invading Robot ships.

So, to summarize: life is hard with Ion storms covering minefields (the Empire is about to agree with you on this one), and Rimstalker is clearly a better player than you are. Neither of those are excuses to break the rules.

albatross

Post#12 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Long speech.. nothing new said.
Donovan wrote:... and Rimstalker is clearly a better player than you are. Neither of those are excuses to break the rules.
This has yet to be seen, but I understand that you need the comparison from the present point of view.

You know, I don't see any broken rules here, as for my part I don't actually have any code. Quite interesting series of accusations though. All I see here instead is an attempt to sell the exploits of an unbalanced addon as great victory of skill.

Rimstalker

Post#13 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Feel free to challenge me to a 1 vs 1, albatross.

albatross

Post#14 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:56 pm

We will do this in time. Word on that.

B A N E

Post#15 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Can I have observer mode?
:mail:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Return to “Messages From Old Games”