Transfer data from Echoview to VPA

Here you can find, hints, strategies and other info for VGA Planets, PHost and it's many addon's and utilities.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

wasp

Transfer data from Echoview to VPA

Post#1 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:24 am

Hi all

Do you know of a way to transfer data from EV to VPA? mainly base owner?

thanks

Ricardo
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

BitMask
Site Admin

Re: Transfer data from Echoview to VPA

Post#2 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:16 pm

No really. If VPA can understand Informer info, you can get Echoview to send the Informer info, but from what I can see VPA does not support that or any other import.

Quapla

Post#3 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:30 am

What kind of info should be imported, that is not already available within VPA? Can you specify?
...still playing VPA in a box...
latest VPA: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vpa/

wasp

Post#4 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:26 am

I don't remember exactly why i needed it.And probably wasn't important because i don't remember i needed it afterwards.

Nevertheless since i mention base owner, maybe the possibility of changing the base/planet owner so that i could have a better picture in VPA.

Or maybe a feature more important... If i want to send information to an ally that uses EV and WinPlan and i use EV and VPA, if he sends me the EV data, i could have a way to import it to VPA. Echoview has an export to dbf file which excel reads and can convert to cvs.
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

Quapla

Post#5 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:04 am

wasp wrote:Or maybe a feature more important... If i want to send information to an ally that uses EV and WinPlan and i use EV and VPA, if he sends me the EV data, i could have a way to import it to VPA. Echoview has an export to dbf file which excel reads and can convert to cvs.
OK, never thought about that, because since i use VPA I have never ever opened EV anymore. ;)

Maybe i import functionality from EV in VPA, that is needed.

What kind of information shall be shared? With Shift-F3 almost all data can be shared within VPA users.

Write an plain import is not too difficult, but to make it comfortable costs time and efford.

wasp

Post#6 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:12 pm

I think the most important is information about other races , ships and planets

Quapla

Post#7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:21 am

wasp wrote:I think the most important is information about other races , ships and planets
hm, if your start VPA every turn (may be in /b natch mode) you do have all these information - or does EV has more data?
If yes, which data and then I have to look how i can implement an import and which data makes sense.

Return to “Intel”