How to install Winplan 32 Bit

This forum is for discussion of the 32bit version of Winplan.
http://vgap.innernet.co.za/winplan/

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

wmerkel

How to install Winplan 32 Bit

Post#1 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:58 am

Hello,

I have a basic question how to install Winplan 32 on windows 7.

I have the game on original floppy discs and was able to copy the files to a cd-rom. The unistalled, raw data. I read "you need to copy your reg.key and scram21.ole" in your winplan 32 bit directory. But in my raw, uninstalled data the files are named "reg.ke_" and "scram21.ol_"; simply renaming them does not work.

And I can not start the orgiginal install program (setup.exe) on windows 7, because "it is no valid 32 bit program". I think this setup would rename and install those files. So how can I get my hands on "my" reg.key and scram21.ole ? Do I have to find an old Windows PC and copy those files to my new machine ? Any other suggestion ?

-Wolfgang

albatross

Re: How to install Winplan 32 Bit

Post#2 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:40 am

Don't remember exactly, but I think the files are packed by DOS tool. Try "expand" in command line.

BitMask
Site Admin

Re: How to install Winplan 32 Bit

Post#3 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:01 am

Expand is correct

Copy the original files that end with _ to the same folder as your Winplan32 setup and run these 2 lines in that folder (You can use cammand prompt or create a bat file and paste this in there.

Code: Select all

expand scram21.ol_ scram21.ole
expand reg.ke_ reg.key
Then run the Winplan32 setup.

Some VGA Planets install disks have a MANIN.bat which manually "install" or expand the files which you can try as well.

Return to “Project 6: Winplan 32bit”