ITAScore is a completely customizable scoring program. You can define all kind of formulas on any VGAPlanets' parameter. This allows you to tailor your scoring system to any scenario you are going to use in a game.
ITAScore creates an itascore.txt file and sends a message containing the score and the settings to all the players each turn.
ITAScore cna create an ascore.dat file fully compatible with Autotroll and Ascoregif, for online visualization.
2. CONFIGURABLE OPTIONS FOR ITASCORE
- Planet Bonus: enable/disable planet score. You can set a different value for each planet
or configure group scores.
- MineFields: enable/disable minefield score. This value is based on the "mine units".
- Planet Resources: enable/disable mines and factories score. It is based on the sum of the mines
- Planet defences: enable/disable the planetary defenses' score. It is based on the total number
of planetary defense posts.
- Ships : enable/disable the ships' score. You can calculate it counting minerals used and MCs
or total Mass and MCs.
- Tons : enable/disable the accounting of destroyed kilotons in ship vs. ship battles.
- Starbases: enable/disable Starbase score. It is based on the total number of defenses
and the sum of the Tech Levels.
- Torpedos: enable/disable torpedo score. It keeps track of all the torpedoes built, on Base
and aboard ships
- Fighters : enable/disable fighters score. It counts all fighters built.
- Zone areas: enable/disable the score based on zones. You can set the planets' value bsed on
their distance froma given point. You can choose to divide the map in zones or
to evaluate on the absolute distance.
New features available in ITAScore 2.0:
- STARBASE DOOM BONUS : configurable bonus to destroy the enemy bases and the HW.
- PLANETS SPECIAL BONUS: configurable value in some or each planets.
- BASE BONUS : value of each planets without the special bonus.
- ZONE VALUATION HOME WORLD: distance bonus based on the HW distance.
- NEW COMPLETE DESCRIPTION OF THE CONFIGURATION AND THE SCORE in the host msgs.
- SCORE ON/OFF IN THE HOST MSGS.
3. CONFIGURING ITASCORE
(remember: if you are using an old version of ITAScore you need to delete any old configuration file before using this new version !!!)
The use and configuration of ITAScore is fairly simple:
1) Put all the program files in the HOST directory.
2) Launch ITASETUP: itasetup.exe game_dir
3) Create the following line in auxhost2.ini:
4. CONFIGURATION EXAMPLE
The following configuration has been used for the VGAPlanets Italian Championship
(750ly circular map, medium-poor scenario, no add-on and hosted by TimHost).
Ships: / 5
KTons: * 1
Starbases (Doom bonus is: 'Y')
Defences: * 1
TechLevels: * 7
Planets (Special Bonuses are: off)
Base Bonus: 50
Defenses: / 7
Resources: / 12
Planet Valuation is: Zone
Distances: * 20
4 zones are 150, 300, 450 and + LYs
for 1, 3, 10 and 3 points
Score example for the above configuration:
Total planets owned= 10 50*10= 500 points
Total mines+factories=1200 1200/12= 100 points
Total planetary defense posts=700 700/7= 100 points
Total du+mo+tr+MC ships=9000 9000/5= 1800 points
Total kilotons ship vs. ship= 3000 3000*1= 3000 points
1 base with: 200 defenses 200*1= 200 points
10,10,8,6 tech-level 34*7= 238 points
2 planets in zone 150ly= 1p 20*1*2= 40 points
2 planets in zone 300ly= 3p 20*3*2= 120 points
6 planets in zone 450ly= 10p 20*10*6= 1200 points
9 planets in zone >450ly= 3p 20*3*9= 540 points
Total score: 7838 points
For any questions feel free to write to the authors at the following email addresses:
You can always find the newest release of ITAScore at: